SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-02-21, 02:13 PM   #9301
svenrico

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Private dental treatment is now more obvious at my local dentist. Pay more for private treatment and have it done straight away, or book in with the receptionist for NHS treatment on your way out and find you have to wait 6 months!
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-21, 02:56 PM   #9302
embee
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Take back control of what though ? EU seems to have been dictating the terms.
Yep, and if we are so feeble as to let them dictate the terms then so be it. They aren't going to be particularly benevolent or philanthropic towards us, why would they? We made the decision and we got what we wanted. We had 4 1/2 years to decide what we wanted.

Just to be clear, I was never in favour of voting for a blank sheet of paper. When you sign a blank contract with "T&Cs to be completed later" don't be surprised at what gets written there at a later date. You've signed it, tough.

I would have preferred to remain, I used the privileges of being able to work freely in different EU countries in the past and the loss of that alone seems such a retrograde step. I genuinely feel sorry for the musicians/performers who have just realised what the reality of being a third country actually means, but that's what it is. Similarly the farmers and fishing trade, it's a great shame that they now are subject to a lot of restrictive rules/regs, but that's what happens.
Old 27-02-21, 05:22 PM   #9303
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Yep, and if we are so feeble as to let them dictate the terms then so be it. They aren't going to be particularly benevolent or philanthropic towards us, why would they? We made the decision and we got what we wanted. We had 4 1/2 years to decide what we wanted.

Just to be clear, I was never in favour of voting for a blank sheet of paper. When you sign a blank contract with "T&Cs to be completed later" don't be surprised at what gets written there at a later date. You've signed it, tough.

I would have preferred to remain, I used the privileges of being able to work freely in different EU countries in the past and the loss of that alone seems such a retrograde step. I genuinely feel sorry for the musicians/performers who have just realised what the reality of being a third country actually means, but that's what it is. Similarly the farmers and fishing trade, it's a great shame that they now are subject to a lot of restrictive rules/regs, but that's what happens.
After all the hype about financial companies rushing out of UK to the EU..

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...utposts-in-u-k

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-21, 06:55 PM   #9304
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Oven ready deal apparently. Wonder where that weekly £350,000,000 got too?
ahhh the famous bojo bus. how did he become prime minister again?
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 09:02 AM   #9305
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
...because people have very short memories, many get their opinions from the Mail/Express and no one looks at their policies. BoZo comes over as a funny buffoon - fun at parties? Perhaps. Leader of a country? Not in my opinion.

My neighbour, a delightful, 79 year old lady said there was no way she would vote for Corbyn (bearing in mind her deceased husband was chairman of the local boiler makers union). I explained some of Corbyn's policy ideas which she liked but still wouldn't vote for him because she didn't like him. How do you fight that?
Old 28-02-21, 09:17 AM   #9306
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Apparently they did a poll of football supporters and asked 'if every player in your local football team moved to another club, would you support the present local club or the new club they had moved to?' - they all said would continue to support their local club, even though they had a completely new team. Well voters are pretty much like that, they support the club, not the players... Political parties know that, which is why they could put lipstick on a pig and voters would vote for it in a lot of constituencies - which is also why 'safe seats' exist.... except Bojo stole a lot of 100 year labour seats in 2019.... mainly because a lot of people with real labour values found comrade Corbyn unelectable.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
Old 28-02-21, 09:19 AM   #9307
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post

The fact is that the high court found the figure on the side of the bus was correct...

Old 28-02-21, 09:26 AM   #9308
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Apparently they did a poll of football supporters and asked 'if every player in your local football team moved to another club, would you support the present local club or the new club they had moved to?' - they all said would continue to support their local club, even though they had a completely new team. Well voters are pretty much like that, they support the club, not the players... Political parties know that, which is why they could put lipstick on a pig and voters would vote for it in a lot of constituencies - which is also why 'safe seats' exist.... except Bojo stole a lot of 100 year labour seats in 2019.... mainly because a lot of people with real labour values found comrade Corbyn unelectable.
I think Corbyn was just a little too far left for most voters. There are still people in the labour party that want to pull the party further to the left but they can't see that this would make them unelectable and what's the point of that. Love or hate him, Blair saw that hence the 'new labour' policy. Tories have a similar problem with members wanting to go further to the right hence Brexit and the current policies of favouring the rich and influential.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 28-02-21, 01:14 PM   #9309
Bibio
Mega Poster

it matter not who you vote for as all politicians are just puppets being controlled by the people you cant vote for. if anyone is to blame for politicians stupid mistakes then blame the advisers.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 12:23 AM   #9310
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
. Similarly the farmers and fishing trade, it's a great shame that they now are subject to a lot of restrictive rules/regs, but that's what happens.
- and wasn't fishing supposed to benefit a great deal from leaving ?!
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote