SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-04-21, 02:12 PM   #1
Spiral

Default Home Made Tail Tidy Queries

My 2000 curvy 650 was completely standard when I got it, I first did the things needed to make it roadworthy, now comes the aesthetics bit.

Obviously that fugly rear mudguard / fender thing has to go, & I've got a nice piece of stainless sheet to make a tail tidy with.

Old bikes used to have a clear bit on the bottom of the rear lights that illuminated the plate, but newer bikes have a separate light, and this is where I'm wondering.... can I just cut a small piece out of the bottom of the rear light & replace it with a bit of clear perspex , or do I need a small dedicated plate illumination lamp like the after market tail tidies have ?

If so where can I get one ? I've not been able to find anything small enough on ebay.

I've bought some LED indicators (turn signals) & an LED relay, but not sure if they will be bright enough in summer (all one & a half weeks of it lol) , as they were 7 quid cheapies off ebay & aren't quite as bright as the huge standard indicators, anyone had issues with this ?
Spiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 08:17 PM   #2
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: Home Made Tail Tidy Queries

I think I've seen some very small LED number plate lights on eBay. You could probably just glue one to the bottom of the taillight.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk