SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-03-21, 06:40 AM   #111
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Covid19 thread

Wasn't the EU, Astra-Zeneca contract written under Belgian law whereas the UK, Astra-Zeneca contract was written under UK law? Apparently (definitely not a legal expert here), Belgian law looks at what was intended in the law (which makes it harder to enforce) whereas UK law has to obey what is specifically written.

Once the expression "best efforts" is included when defining number of vaccines to be delivered, all it guarantees is long paid hours for the courts.
Old 29-03-21, 10:34 AM   #112
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Am I jumping the gun ? I had it in my mind that I could start riding again tomorrow without fear of being fined or whatever but now I am not sure about 'stay at home' or ' essential travel only' still being applicable !!!
From everything I've seen on TV and online there is now no legal requirement to ,"Stay Local" in England but are asking people to be sensible. To me this means I can go for a ride and if I were stopped and they tried to fine me I would contest it.

Ride safe as the last place I want to end up ATM is in Hospital

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 29-03-21 at 10:37 AM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-21, 11:09 AM   #113
embee
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Once the expression "best efforts" is included when defining number of vaccines to be delivered, all it guarantees is long paid hours for the courts.
"Reasonable best effort" is a pretty standard expression used in contracts, and is defined for the purposes of the contract in the definitions section of both contracts taking into account the scale of the businesses involved. What you would expect from a small company employing 5 people and from a multi-national enterprise is somewhat different. Both the EU and the UK contracts use the term in essentially the same manner. As for the jurisdiction of the contracts, I don't know.
How that can be enforced is, as you say, another matter for the lawyers.

The clause regarding any third part contract not affecting that contract is basically a declaration requirement, and I would have thought that was fairly cut and dried. It specifically includes any contract/agreement made before or after the contract in question so covers all possibilities.
I'd guess the EU is pretty versed in the art of contract law and would have tied up most loose ends. Whatever the outcome, it is most definitely not a direct conflict between the EU and the UK.

I do wonder what the UK media would have made of it if the shoe had been on the other foot and EU had written an exclusivity/priority term into the supply of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine. I doubt it would have gone down very well.
Old 29-03-21, 11:23 AM   #114
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ffR4ff View Post
From everything I've seen on TV and online there is now no legal requirement to ,"Stay Local" in England but are asking people to be sensible. To me this means I can go for a ride and if I were stopped and they tried to fine me I would contest it.

I agree. I won't be wandering far but for the sake of my mental health I need to go for a ride avoiding people and using pay at pump for fuel.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 29-03-21, 11:31 AM   #115
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ffR4ff View Post

Go for it. I know i will be venturing further afield this weekend for some escapism. Although i know the roads will be busy as it is Easter.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-21, 06:18 PM   #116
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I agree. I won't be wandering far but for the sake of my mental health I need to go for a ride avoiding people and using pay at pump for fuel.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Ditto. I'll be out but not too far. I've only been using my SV for shopping when I needed to go further than I wanted to cycle.
Old 29-03-21, 06:19 PM   #117
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
Go for it. I know i will be venturing further afield this weekend for some escapism. Although i know the roads will be busy as it is Easter.
I learnt years ago to stay inland on Bank Holidays
Old 29-03-21, 07:58 PM   #118
Bibio
Mega Poster

if you live somewhere else in the UK then please respect the Scottish government rules if you stay outside Scotland https://www.gov.scot/publications/co...ges/timetable/
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-21, 09:39 PM   #119
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
if you live somewhere else in the UK then please respect the Scottish government rules if you stay outside Scotland https://www.gov.scot/publications/co...ges/timetable/
Why should we respect the Scottish government rules if we stay outside Scotland ?!
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-21, 09:44 PM   #120
svenrico

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
I have read the EU/AZ contract and these items are stated categorically, and AZ signed up to them.
How have you (with respect ) gained access to the EU/AZ contract ? Only going by what I saw on tv but they said the EU was not making the details of the contract available !
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote