SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-06-08, 06:35 AM   #1
mister c
Mega Poster

Default I've been put on half pay

Had my pay slip from work & they have only paid me 50% of my wages for April & May
Now it's not the point that I have lost a lot of money & am going to be broke for quite a while, it's the fact that they never told me, it's been a case of "Don't come back until you are 100% fit. we know how bad the accident & injuries were". Being a single parent I find it hard enough to make ends meet now, so if they had said what they proposed to do I would have struggled into work on crutches & found something to do. Got to wait till the end of June now for full pay, so I wont be straying out for a pint for at least 4 weeks.
I know that I should have checked my contract etc etc, but at the time I didnt have one (small family company, trust and so on). There is one being set up as we speak.
Ah well, we live & learn

Last edited by mister c; 01-06-08 at 06:38 AM.
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 08:04 AM   #2
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Default Re: I've been put on half pay

Get on to the DSS (or whatever it's called this week) and get your injuries assesed. You may be due some benefits to help out. Always worth a phone call!
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 09:02 AM   #3
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: I've been put on half pay

The wife went on half pay, then no pay. Her payslips were being sent to the ward she worked on so she had no notice of changes until bank statements showed no money on payday. She is now getting £75 per week SSP. and they tax her on it so only £72. The only saving grace is that she is now getting a further £64/week as non means tested disability living allowance. Without that she would be well shafted by the system.

Whilst I can understand we as a country don't want people idle on the sick. When in her case she has payed tax and national insurance for the past 32 years do we treat people so badly.

The interesting part. Was as she is no longer getting anything from her employer(the NHS) she was concerned that her union fees would not be payed etc. So she contacted them to advise the situation. Turns out they may also be able to help her from a welfare fund. We never knew that existed. Her branch secretary told her about it whilst going berserk about the lack of notice and possible breach of procedure the hospital had applied to Lynne.