SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 22-07-06, 10:14 PM   #31
dooley

I don't know you at all.

"A very short version. On slip road of M25 onto M40 east bound. Had bike cranked right over and titanium slider producing lots of sparks. Guesstimated speed about 90mph."
Old 22-07-06, 10:49 PM   #32
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooley
I don't know you at all.

"A very short version. On slip road of M25 onto M40 east bound. Had bike cranked right over and titanium slider producing lots of sparks. Guesstimated speed about 90mph."
And I have never tried to get my knee down again. But that's besides the point. The point of this thread and the pictures is to point out that even when wearing all the correct gear, injuries as bad as the ones that I received are still quite possibly. The point of the thread was to hopefully encourage others to ride with as much protection as they can when out having fun on their motorcycle.
Old 23-07-06, 05:08 PM   #33
dooley

I still think a more accurate thread title would be - If you're gonna ride like a ****, wear your kit!

:)
Old 23-07-06, 05:16 PM   #34
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
I still think a more accurate thread title would be - If you're gonna ride like a ****, wear your kit!

:)

So you've never made a mistake or done something foolish when you are riding ?

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-06, 05:29 PM   #35
dooley

course I have, I even ride like a **** sometimes. but don't underestimate the effect of perceived risk
Old 23-07-06, 05:33 PM   #36
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
But don't underestimate the effect of perceived risk
If you ever get to meet Bigape I'm sure you will realise that he doesnt either.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-06, 10:11 PM   #37
Apophes

one of my close friends a long term safe biker not a "****" is now layed up in jimmys with a full pelvic cage arm cage and hand cage as well as severe internal damage to kidneys liver spleen and intestines... the driver of the car that u turned infront of him is in a worse state. The docs that worked on him after the accident said if he had not worn the right gear he would not of made it into A&E and like his R1 would of died at the roadside.

so it dont matter how safe you think you are or how good a rider there are to many brainless people on the road to not wear full kit all the time.

dare to think what will happen to the guys i see every day in shorts and footie tops while on there bikes if they ever meet one of the eyes wide shut car drivers
Old 23-08-06, 10:16 PM   #38
madmalc

When I got my bike I also went out and blew nearly a grand on decent kit (alpine stars leathers, sidi boots, agv helmet and a knox back protecter.) The missus went crazy becuase some of my mates ride around in just jeans and a jacket. I showed her the pictures on this thread.... she understands now.
Old 16-10-06, 05:14 PM   #39
independentphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmalc
When I got my bike I also went out and blew nearly a grand on decent kit (alpine stars leathers, sidi boots, agv helmet and a knox back protecter.) The missus went crazy becuase some of my mates ride around in just jeans and a jacket. I showed her the pictures on this thread.... she understands now.
Did you try it on "them" too? Any worthy responses?

Garry
Old 27-12-06, 06:46 PM   #40
Spider

Been tryin to convince my brother to get some gear on for 6 months now, then this happened

70mph binnin on M25, bike written off and minor injuries, v v lucky