SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2007 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2007 SV650.org's bigger & better annual rideout.

Old 06-06-07, 05:57 AM   #1
Tomcat

Default Anyone going up Saturday morning?

As the title says really........ or is this not the done thing. I am struggling to get rid of the kids (if you know what I mean!) for the weekend, so was thinking of just bobing up for the day ...... is this realistic?
Old 06-06-07, 07:16 AM   #2
Baph

Default Re: Anyone going up Saturday morning?

Depends how far you've got to go really. You just have to think that if you're going to be there for the day, that you have the distance to get there & home again, and the days rideout etc.

If you're happy with the miles etc, I know Stewie has said he'll be there for the day only, leaving from the Warrington area at some point.

EDIT: Sorry about that, it seems Stewie was pulling my leg about not being there Friday. I'll get my own back Stewie, just you wait

Last edited by Baph; 06-06-07 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-06-07, 09:18 PM   #3
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Hide kids under stairs,,..
joking. I'm lucky to have the ex to cater for work at weekend and the odd event or two.
You won't want to leave once your there..are you sure you can only play for a day..it'll be a lot of travelling

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 03:23 PM   #4
El Saxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
As the title says really........ or is this not the done thing. I am struggling to get rid of the kids (if you know what I mean!) for the weekend, so was thinking of just bobing up for the day ...... is this realistic?
Last year I could only make it for the Saturday so I rode down to the campsite (somewhere near Shewsbury I think) on the Saturday morning to meet everyone for the rideout, and then rode back home afterwards. It was a long-ish day, but not that tiring, cos there's plenty of breaks during the rideout itself etc, and I just took it easy on the ride back home. It was well worth it, apart from getting pulled by on the way down.
Old 08-06-07, 08:34 AM   #5
Tomcat

thanks for the replies peeps!

I will have to work on this, I dont want to miss meeting people, but it might be the Saturday only if I cant work anything else out. Theres time yet to get organised!

Other option is to come up late Friday night, oh its sooooo difficult!
Old 11-06-07, 08:17 PM   #6
MR UKI (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
thanks for the replies peeps!

I will have to work on this, I dont want to miss meeting people, but it might be the Saturday only if I cant work anything else out. Theres time yet to get organised!

Other option is to come up late Friday night, oh its sooooo difficult!
I shall be going just for the rideout on the Saturday. Did the same for last years AR and it wasn't too much riding, there was plenty of time for a break both before the rideout started and during. Happy to ride up with you if you decide to go on the Saturday morning. Not far to Buxton from here.