SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2005 Annual Rideout To discuss and plan this years get-together

View Poll Results: Are you planning to come the Annual rideout ?
Definately 40 53.33%
Possibly 25 33.33%
I doubt it, but there is a chance 6 8.00%
Would if I could but I can't 4 5.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-05, 09:06 PM   #1
Jelster

Default Details here.......

If you have been visiting the main site you will see that John has updated the rideout section., I suggest you all read it if you haven't....

http://www.sv650.org/sv_rideout2005/index.htm

Some important points for the annual ride out….

We all want to have a good day out but please consider this as more of a social ride rather than a technical one, therefore DO NOT expect the pace to be "brisk". This will be the first large group rideout for many and we do not want to set the wrong expectations….

Groups
We are expecting a lot of bikes and will probably break everybody up into groups. It will be important for me to know how many in your group and your riding experience/standard. I would prefer to have groups who are familier with each others riding and of a similar standard, but I realise that cannot always be possible.

This will at least enable some of you who wish to ride at a higher pace to get yourselves out first and grouped together. (I am not condoning a free for all here, just trying to be practical.)

Marshals
We will need a number of "Marshals" on the day. This can be from assisting in the car park before hand to leading the groups. If you are an experienced group rider (especially leading) and are willing to lead a group on the day, then I would like to hear from you.

Route Plans
I have the route in Autoroute format available if anyone would like it. At this moment in time I have nominated Stowe as the break point. It's a nice town and has plenty of café's and coffee shops. But, it does get busy so please watch yourselves.
Details of the route are available from www.sv650.org and from www.urbanbiker.co.uk/svrideout

If you are going to attend, please answer the poll to give us some idea of the numbers turning up.

I have started a "Questions" post too, so if there is something you want to know, post it there first please.

Old 02-04-05, 10:22 PM   #2
Stig

Yup.

Old 03-04-05, 08:57 AM   #3
mysteryjimbo

Yup too.

Camping Friday and Saturday. Whatever the weather!

Old 03-04-05, 09:03 AM   #4
Iansv

Yep

Old 03-04-05, 09:18 AM   #5
Anonymous

Yes.
Will be camping.
If its a nice weekend will pich camp on the Friday, holiday and ride around a bit on the saturday and do the rideout sunday. Hoping others have similar plans. Happy to help in some way and will ride the route at some stage.

Old 04-04-05, 10:35 AM   #6
Anonymous

will be camping sat night and need to head back sunday for work monday. fingers crossed for good weather.

Old 04-04-05, 07:02 PM   #7
darylB

Definately coming, with john and hopefully sythree, the group etiquette post john put on the rideout threadwas suggested by me, so if anybody take offence to it blame me, some of the points may seem like common senseand quite obvious but not every one is used to riding in groups.i can vouch for the fact thet a 4 cylinder has next to no engine braking having followed john on a couple of rides, and have found myself up behind him very quickly when he shuts off after an overtake and i followed, good job the cat has excellent brakes!!!. see you on the day, Daryl.
Old 05-04-05, 07:49 AM   #8
ophic
Mega Poster

I'm definitely coming, probably two-up, unlikely to be camping - but might if the weather is good and there's space at the last minute.
Old 05-04-05, 12:10 PM   #9
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylB
Definately coming, with john and hopefully sythree, the group etiquette post john put on the rideout threadwas suggested by me, so if anybody take offence to it blame me, some of the points may seem like common senseand quite obvious but not every one is used to riding in groups.i can vouch for the fact thet a 4 cylinder has next to no engine braking having followed john on a couple of rides, and have found myself up behind him very quickly when he shuts off after an overtake and i followed, good job the cat has excellent brakes!!!. see you on the day, Daryl.
Yes count me in. Daryl - Karl may well come too. Jelster - Karl willl come on his own bike, so one more.

Old 12-04-05, 07:43 AM   #10
Jelster

Well I was warned of "90" bikes coming this year.... Looks like that was a bit over enthusiastic....