SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 23-05-06, 09:36 PM   #471
hall13uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Oiled
Anyone planning a trip to WSB at Silverstone this weekend?

I'm off there. Hoping to see Toseland do a bit better than of late.

Cheers Keith
stewboy is going

Old 24-05-06, 10:35 PM   #472
Peter Henry

It's official...Valentino will NOT be going to F!...if there was ever any real possibillity that he would?

In his own words..""I feel that my work in motorbikes hasn't finished yet: I still have many stimuli and I will carry on in MotoGP for a while longer. I hope Ferrari will reach the objective they've set for themselves and which coincides with mine: to win the world title."

Fernando Alonso in his usual rather undiplomatic response to the Rossi questions, indicated that it would perhaps be the last question he might have to answer regarding The Doctor!

I tell you he wants this year's title and the first 800cc title BAD! :P

Old 25-05-06, 07:20 AM   #473
SVeeedy Gonzales

Yep - all over the papers and web today

Michael Schumacher voiced his disappointment that motorcycle ace Valentino Rossi has decided against a switch to Formula 1 in 2007.

The German star told reporters in Monaco that he thought it “sad” that the seven-time world motorcycle ace had chosen to stick with bikes rather than join Ferrari, before adding that he understood the 27-year-old Italian’s decision.

"It is maybe a little bit more difficult to know the world of F1 and how you adapt to different circumstances,” he said.

"I think he has a lot of talent in terms of driving but it is not only in terms of driving.

“It is sad but that's the way it is."

Ferrari’s team principal Jean Todt was full of praise for Rossi, who has tested extensively for the team over the last 18 months and was in the frame for a race drive in 2007.

“It has been a pleasure to give him the opportunity to try a single-seater Ferrari,” Todt told Italian news agency ANSA.

“Valentino immediately demonstrated the great professionalism which makes him an exceptional champion.

“Everyone who worked with him, remains impressed with his ability to adapt to a Formula 1 car, with his talent and kindness.”

Elsewhere Rossi is down as saying "There will be no F1, at least for the moment. I will continue in MotoGP. It's been wonderful froma technical point of view and a personal standpoint. But I feel my job in motorcycling is not yet ended"

Damn right it isn't. Now get out there and win the championship.

Old 25-05-06, 11:46 AM   #474
The Basket

That Alonso (whoever he is?) says he can be a world motorcycle champion too.

Off you go, son!

Old 26-05-06, 06:02 PM   #475
Peter Henry

Basket...But that is a joke right? You do actually know who Fernando Alonso is? He is the new Alain Prost mate, his comment about bikes was an unfortunate fit of attitude which comes from being world champ in one disciplione and you get a little p*ssed at people suggesting someone can walk right in and do the same. It does somewhat devalue your efforts don't you think?

Old 27-05-06, 06:21 PM   #476
kwak zzr

looks like Tommy hill has thrown a cat amongst the pigeons

Old 27-05-06, 06:26 PM   #477
wheelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
looks like Tommy hill has thrown a cat amongst the pigeons
Rock on Tommy :P

That will have disjointed a few faces

Old 27-05-06, 06:30 PM   #478
kwak zzr

yea mine corser pulled in without finishing and i think qualify'd in about 11th bayliss 2nd

Old 27-05-06, 09:36 PM   #479
Peter Henry

This is a definite plot by Suzzki to rattle THE Troy! I think a rain dance has been done also in the Suzuki garage in order to give their champ a chance of success. He admits himself, someone has got to break the awesome dominance by the rock steady Aussie and the awesome, beautiful, exotic and RELIABLE Ducati! :P :P :P :P

Old 27-05-06, 09:51 PM   #480
kwak zzr

i dont think me man corser has got anymore cards to show, bayliss is just too good on his exotic and RELIABLE Ducati!

Closed Thread