SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-11-18, 10:19 PM   #1
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Right indicators not working - Wiring advice?

Riding today and just about home when I noticed my indicators weren't working to turn right. Both front and rear. Left hand is all ok. Right hand work too when used as hazards so bulbs are fine and power is reaching them. I've looked under the tank and in trying to pull wires and connectors to somewhere I can see them have got the right hand ones working on their own intermittently. So it's either a dodgy wire, loose connection or a connector block that needs cleaning.

Just after a quick bit of advice if anyone knows which of the connector blocks I need to pull... photo below. Before I try and pull them all into a position I can work on. They're quite tightly tucked in there.

Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-18, 09:08 AM   #2
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Right indicators not working - Wiring advice?

Yeah sounds like handlebar switch contact corroded.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-18, 10:51 AM   #3
Bibio
Mega Poster

i'll go for a corroded indicator connector in the inside of the headlight cowling. failing that then the white block connector also in the headlight cowling. its a common problem with the white connector.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-18, 12:19 PM   #4
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Cheers all. The indicators work when these connectors are nudged, but no change when the wiring around the switch is moved. That and the fact it's both front and rear right hand indicators leads me to suspect something around these connector blocks.
Old 21-11-18, 07:51 PM   #5
Toooldtodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i'll go for a corroded indicator connector in the inside of the headlight cowling. failing that then the white block connector also in the headlight cowling. its a common problem with the white connector.

Same. Bypassed with new connectors and wires, left one's been fine. Bit like the headlamps and their connector block.
Old 21-11-18, 09:52 PM   #6
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

I'm not 100% convinced mine is fixed, but I did undo the block in the above photo and sprayed it with contact cleaner. It's been fine since. Really need to strip it all down and inspect it properly though.