SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-02-19, 09:34 PM   #11
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Another SV325 in the rain.

What's with the cardboard?
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-19, 09:58 PM   #12
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrod View Post
What's with the cardboard?
When I started to change the Plug caps I noticed the Rad thin-fins were cutting into my knuckles and my knuckles started to crush a few.So I came up with the bit of Cardboard with some double sided tape to stick onto it whilst I did the work.This protected me and the Rad.

I also removed the Horn Bracket and fitted an After-market Horn to the front of the bike.This allows me easy access to the Front Cylinder by just removing the 3 Rad securing bolts and pushing the Rad forward.

The orange coil is just my Disc-lock reminder that got in the picture.I now use that on the rear.

I keep the bit of card under my rear seat with the tools so I could change the front plug on-the-move if I needed to.

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 08-02-19 at 10:00 PM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 06:15 PM   #13
YellowBoy

Well what a mission that was! Had to remove crash bars (they look like Renntech ones going on pics from google) to swing the rad forward...even then I still managed to cut my knuckles to ribbons on the rad fins. Cardboard next time lol.

As expected, the spark plug was rusted pretty badly and the cylinder head itself was absolutely boggin! Was a bit surprised at that given the radiator itself didn't look too bad.

The boot on top of the spark cap was very stiff and looks split. I took the new coil pack I bought and swapped over caps so I could avoid taking the coil out. I took a few mill off the HT lead to give the cap some new material to bite into. I also added some heat shrink to it just to make it a bit thicker where the boot fits. Slathered (as per video) the inside and outside of the cap with servisol silicone grease and a good helping on the rubber bung when all was in place.

That, along with my newly added fender extender should hopefully do the trick. I abandoned my splash guard after a few failed fittings. I'm no master fabricator haha.

The absolute irony of it all now is that the weather over here pretty good. I actually want some rain to see if it all holds up. Anyway...just want to say a big thank you to you guys. I'll be back soon with some more stupid questions!

Sláinte
YellowBoy is offline   Reply With Quote