SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-11-08, 04:34 PM   #1
Dappa D

Default Accident investigation team?

hi all,

my insurers called me this morning ref my off, and said that the third parties insurance will be sending an accident investigation team to the scene of the accident and is likely to take about 6 weeks...pfffffft

Im assuming that this means he has disputed liability? (sorry for a dumb question)...sounds like thats the case but ive not been involved in a claim before so just checking?

also...my insurance company assigned 4th dimension to collect and repair my bike, 4th dimension collected the bike and declared it a right off...and on the phone this morning my insurance said that they will have to send one of thier engineers to see the bike aswell (but are 4th D not considered "their" engineers as its them that use them for repairs?)

a confused bikeless dappa d
Old 26-11-08, 04:38 PM   #2
Dangerous Dave

Default Re: Accident investigation team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dappa D View Post
the third parties insurance will be sending an accident investigation team to the scene of the accident
Were the police not involved, if so there report will supersede any other taken (got a few experiences with that).

Quote:
my insurance company assigned 4th dimension to collect and repair my bike, 4th dimension collected the bike and declared it a right off...and on the phone this morning my insurance said that they will have to send one of thier engineers to see the bike aswell (but are 4th D not considered "their" engineers as its them that use them for repairs?)
Sounds logical in the insurance world, it has to be written off by one of there own assessors (i.e. the company they employ to do it).
Old 26-11-08, 04:43 PM   #3
Dappa D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
Were the police not involved, if so there report will supersede any other taken (got a few experiences with that).

no police, didnt have any experience of being involved in an accident (apart from car day after i passed my test 10yrs ago! and it was my fault)...stupidly didnt even think to call them at the time untill it was too late, the guy was pulling into a pub carpark so could have had a tipple at home/other pub before going to that one, we lives and learns if theres a next time

Sounds logical in the insurance world, it has to be written off by one of there own assessors (i.e. the company they employ to do it).
ah thats fair enough i just assumed that would have been 4th D.
Old 26-11-08, 04:45 PM   #4
Stig

I've had a similar thing happen to me when I rode straight into the side of a bus that had jumped the red lights. The bus driver disputed this and so the accident investigation team were called out. It became apparent he had gone straight ahead when the green left filter arrow had come on.

My point being, just because they are disputing liability, does not mean you will be given that liability.
Old 26-11-08, 04:47 PM   #5
Dappa D

[quote=BigApe;1698422]I've had a similar thing happen to me when I rode straight into the side of a bus that had jumped the red lights. The bus driver disputed this and so the accident investigation team were called out. It became apparent he had gone straight ahead when the green left filter arrow had come on. this is what i done day after my car test!

My point being, just because they are disputing liability, does not mean you will be given that liability.
good good, as long as they are fair and not trying to "pin it" on me!![/quote]
Old 26-11-08, 04:51 PM   #6
hovis

i have just seen an Accident investigater after my accident in june 2006 its still not sorted out
Old 26-11-08, 04:52 PM   #7
Dangerous Dave

They are not blaming you Dappa, just trying to figure out the events. Ask for a copy of the report, you are legally obliged to have a copy.
Old 26-11-08, 04:53 PM   #8
Dappa D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
i have just seen an Accident investigater after my accident in june 2006 its still not sorted out

WHAAAAAAAAATTT!!! woman on phone did say could be a long process, but she said likely to be 6 weeks ish, i feel for ya mate, thats rediculous
Old 26-11-08, 04:53 PM   #9
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
Quote:
WHAAAAAAAAATTT!!! woman on phone did say could be a long process, but she said likely to be 6 weeks ish, i feel for ya mate, thats rediculous
I'm still waiting for an outcome following the big off in 2004. The final court settlement hasn't even been given a date yet.

Last edited by Dangerous Dave; 26-11-08 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Retarded Spelling
Old 26-11-08, 04:54 PM   #10
Dappa D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
They are not blaming you Dappa, just trying to figure out the events. Ask for a copy of the report, you are legally obliged to have a copy.
cool didnt know that thanks DD