SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-06-08, 08:36 PM   #31
tanis34

Default Re: MrsGid has just got my son a toy motorbike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gid View Post
So we sit down together, to help him to unwrap the bag and then take off all the packaging.Oh that looks really.......................................what the!!!!!!

Only gone and got him a fireblade which is now taking pride of place on the fire

hope it melts
is this on the fire or init lol
Old 25-06-08, 07:55 AM   #32
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgid View Post
Gid wouldn't know what to do with it
Pardon?
Old 25-06-08, 08:03 AM   #33
mrsgid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchery View Post
Why does Gids poor Bandit get loads of stick? I was under the impression that they were good bikes?!
they aregood bikes but i like the sv650 more he used to have one and it was lovely the bandit is lovely but its all open and well not how i imagened a bike to look like
Old 25-06-08, 08:03 AM   #34
mrsgid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gid View Post
people hate me
i don't hate you i love you but i love taking the mickey out of you darling
Old 25-06-08, 08:04 AM   #35
mrsgid

a better and faster bike lol
Old 25-06-08, 11:40 AM   #36
GSXR Carlos

stop moaning, at least its a bike and not a car
Old 26-06-08, 10:54 AM   #37
startrek.steve

The Wifes mate bought my three year old a bike that talks!!
Argh! more noisy toys!!

"Its Ninja Wheely Time!"

If only Sarah had kids, Id get her back!
Old 26-06-08, 12:15 PM   #38
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgid View Post
they aregood bikes but i like the sv650 more he used to have one and it was lovely the bandit is lovely but its all open and well not how i imagened a bike to look like
May I suggest then that you need 'educating' - plastic fantastics are a relatively new thing - 'proper' bikes have always been 'open'.

As for the Bandit (I can't tell which one it is from the avatar - 600 / 650 or 1200 / 1250 - I assume it isn't one of the 'rare as rocking horse sh*t 750's ?) they ARE good bikes.

My first 'big' bike was a 2nd Generation faired 600 ( I knew no better at the time) & was a great bike for learning on - very forgiving whilst still enough fun for me.

I've also owned a 1st Generation Bandit 1200 - WOW !! Excellent machine - I'd have another tomorrow.

As for the 650 & 1250 - well, over the years the 'raison d'etre' (how cosmopolitan of me huh ? !!) for the Bandit has shifted from being a Hooligan Tool to that of a Tourer. A shame IMO - but Suzuki apparently decided that because everyone loved the bike & riders were using them for touring that they ought to make the bike more comfortable etc, etc, etc.
Old 26-06-08, 03:55 PM   #39
Gra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervox View Post
May I suggest then that you need 'educating' - plastic fantastics are a relatively new thing - 'proper' bikes have always been 'open'.

As for the Bandit (I can't tell which one it is from the avatar - 600 / 650 or 1200 / 1250 - I assume it isn't one of the 'rare as rocking horse sh*t 750's ?) they ARE good bikes.

My first 'big' bike was a 2nd Generation faired 600 ( I knew no better at the time) & was a great bike for learning on - very forgiving whilst still enough fun for me.

I've also owned a 1st Generation Bandit 1200 - WOW !! Excellent machine - I'd have another tomorrow.

As for the 650 & 1250 - well, over the years the 'raison d'etre' (how cosmopolitan of me huh ? !!) for the Bandit has shifted from being a Hooligan Tool to that of a Tourer. A shame IMO - but Suzuki apparently decided that because everyone loved the bike & riders were using them for touring that they ought to make the bike more comfortable etc, etc, etc.
A mate of my Dad has a 1998 1200 Bandit. It sounds immense. I could always imagine owning a Bandit after the SV.
Old 26-06-08, 04:13 PM   #40
Frank

thankyou,thankyou