SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-06-08, 03:19 PM   #51
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Default Re: The ORG broken bones club...

Feb '01 Broken 5th metacarple in an "argument" persuading someone they did, in fact, want to be arrested

July '01 Fractured right tibia and fibula and at the same time, seperated the ligaments from the top of my foot. Flying a kite, yes, that's right, a kite. It was a very big one though and I did pretend to be Superman and fly. It was a very short flight and a very long recovery.

May '07 snapped anterior cruciate ligament, torn medial collateral ligament, torn medial meniscus, damaged patella. Oh, and a really bad graze on my knee too, felt like a kid, picking at it for weeks! More shennanegans at work.

Last edited by Bluepete; 04-06-08 at 03:23 PM.
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-08, 04:32 PM   #52
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Proof that the police are bad for you
Old 04-06-08, 07:02 PM   #53
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Should have seen the bruises on my bits!! Still you always gonna win this ****ing contest, so I bow out gracefully - thankful to have made it to this great age.
I'm quite sure I have already been beaten. This is one contest I have no interest in winning.
Old 04-06-08, 07:12 PM   #54
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Proof that the police are bad for you

I think it's proof that you are bad for the Police!
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 10:03 AM   #55
rob13

Right for anyone who has broken their Femur and had a rod inserted, could you tell me how long it was before you were allowed to walk on it?
Old 03-07-08, 10:08 AM   #56
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchester View Post
Right for anyone who has broken their Femur and had a rod inserted, could you tell me how long it was before you were allowed to walk on it?
SDMF (James) had that recently. I believe he was hobbling around on crutches straight away. A further 3 months before he was proper weight bearing and another few months after that he was back on the bike.
Old 03-07-08, 01:13 PM   #57
GSXR Carlos

big toe, left foot (twice in 2 months)
Old 03-07-08, 01:45 PM   #58
rob13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
SDMF (James) had that recently. I believe he was hobbling around on crutches straight away. A further 3 months before he was proper weight bearing and another few months after that he was back on the bike.

Thats the kind of response I was worried about. 3 months without walking on it grrr
Old 03-07-08, 04:14 PM   #59
SAMMY650

Scaphoid (lost count how many times!)

Split tibia (right) with 2cm depression on one side, resulting in a massive scar on right hip where they took bone to fix the dint in my leg!

That didn't work so last year they operated again! They broke my right femur and re-angled it by 5mm then plated it (9 screws holding it in)

All resulting in 3 huge damn scars all on the same damn leg!

Robchester.......I'd say you're looking at around 3 months of not walking at all and another 3 months of 'walking' while your 'mates' take the pi$$ outta the way you're walking! (THAT WAS MY EXPERIENCE ANYWAY! I wanted to do this to all of 'em )
Saying that I did try and ride my mates Fazer400 two and a half months after the operation............NOT RECOMMENDED....IT HURT...ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-08, 05:51 PM   #60
JessicaRabbit

Err..

*Broken nose about 5 times. It's just a cartilagey mush now really. Lol
*3 Broken ribs left side - ran full-pelt into a cutlery trolley in catering college D'Oh!!
*2 Broken ribs right side - seatbelt injury from a car accident.
*Prolapsed, ruptured disc in the vertebrae in my neck. Don't. Headbutt. Girders. Or just don't stop the bike abruptly on a girder with your forks. (Long story!)
*Cracked sternum - avoid hitting the dash clocks when you crash your bike.
*Fractured ulna - avoid trying to break your fall when flying toward the ground at 40mph.
*Broken left little finger - Grinch snapped it (by accident, but he broked me... sniff).
*Broken right little finger - shut it in my own car door, D'Oh!!! again!!
*Fractured toes/phalanges of left foot - Dad ran it over with the car. Don't laugh.
*Dislocated left knee - I got thrown in a mosh pit at the Air Balloon pub in Pompey.
*Fractured cheekbone, orbital socket, collarbone, ribs (again), first and middle finger on right hand and nose (again)... courtesy of ex-husband.

This is just the snappy-stuff. Bring on the thread about illnesses and surgical operations... Then avoid me like the plague as I'm a Jonah...