SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-03-08, 10:35 AM   #41
Welsh_Wizard

Default Re: whats ur biggest gripe about the uk?

I hate the lack of respect younger generations have these days. Not all, just some.. Makes for worrying times future-wise.
Old 25-03-08, 10:37 AM   #42
DanDare

Wales!

* Runs for cover *
Old 25-03-08, 10:41 AM   #43
G
Mega Poster

Mine is the goverment/tax/running of the country.

I'm in no doubt thats its a hard job to do, but the current goverment has gone massively in the wrong direction.

Why should I loose so much of my income on income tax, and why should i then loose 17.5% on nearlly everything else that i do, and then theres all the local authority taxes....the list of taxes goes on and on Its scary when you think about it.

I would love to ask for an itemised bill of where it all goes, as I'm pretty damn sure I dont get ANY benefit from my wages dissapearing. You see it all when you walk onto a council estate and they have better cars than you, better 50" TV's than you and apparently money to burn, yet they dont work but have 4 kids...........when I probably couldnt even afford to look after 1 kid to a decent standard.

Below is an entertaining read into migration......although I would quite like to migrate

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle2326687.ece
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-08, 11:30 AM   #44
Welsh_Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemepaterson View Post
Mine is the goverment/tax/running of the country.

I'm in no doubt thats its a hard job to do, but the current goverment has gone massively in the wrong direction.

Why should I loose so much of my income on income tax, and why should i then loose 17.5% on nearlly everything else that i do, and then theres all the local authority taxes....the list of taxes goes on and on Its scary when you think about it.

I would love to ask for an itemised bill of where it all goes, as I'm pretty damn sure I dont get ANY benefit from my wages dissapearing. You see it all when you walk onto a council estate and they have better cars than you, better 50" TV's than you and apparently money to burn, yet they dont work but have 4 kids...........when I probably couldnt even afford to look after 1 kid to a decent standard.

Below is an entertaining read into migration......although I would quite like to migrate

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle2326687.ece
Can't stand reading Clarkson - he waffles almost to the point of complete make believe.

This sentence :
Quote:
And then came the latest migration figures, which showed that while Britain received 5.4 billion west African pickpockets last year, we lost what the Daily Mail calls 196,000 British citizens.
5.4 billion migrants in a single year ?? That's complete and utter tosh. If he had put the true figure against the ex-pat one, it would still make the same impact as people would be able to see it for what it's really worth..I know its tongue in cheek sometimes but he goes so far left and right it's like reading a kids diary.
Old 25-03-08, 11:49 AM   #45
G
Mega Poster

Its called humor, you either find the style amusing or you dont unfortunately. It gets a point across which is the overall goal.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-08, 11:52 AM   #46
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemepaterson View Post
I wonder what the goverment does with my road tax that I pay.

There's so many potholes and poorly surfaced roads, and also patchy roads where repairs have been attempted, that I can only speculate that my road tax, and most peoples road tax, is spent on other stuff...like war
Old 25-03-08, 12:26 PM   #47
Pedrosa

I love the UK!
Old 25-03-08, 12:27 PM   #48
2mths

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
Our bend over backwards for anyone minotiry or not native attitude, whilr we f**k over the decent law obiding tax paying majority!!! and our ever increasing PC pink and fluffy outlook on life!
Pretty much +1
Old 25-03-08, 12:30 PM   #49
cuz

today's weather it's to cold kwak
Old 25-03-08, 12:37 PM   #50
2mths

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero View Post
I wonder what the goverment does with my road tax that I pay.

There's so many potholes and poorly surfaced roads, and also patchy roads where repairs have been attempted, that I can only speculate that my road tax, and most peoples road tax, is spent on other stuff...like war
Road tax never was and never will be about the roads. The government doesn't spend fuel duty on fuel, or income tax on income. The name is about what is being taxed, not about where the money raised is spent.

I've no problem with people complaining about the quality of roads - that's their right. But the reality is that most roads are funded by local government not central and in the grand scheme of things the quality of road surfaces is very low down on the agenda.

Personally I hate seeing dangerous road surfaces (potholes, worn out white lines, bad or missing signs, loose surfaces etc) and I think these should be seen as a priority (and if reported they mostly are).

Fair taxation is a difficult thing to achieve. It would also not be effective. I belive approximately a 1/3rd of govermment spending goes on the NHS - there's no way I've had a 1/3rd of my life time taxation spent on my healthcare. But beyond wishing to see the NHS made more effecient and less burocratic (sp?) I don't have a problem with this situation.

Hmm - that was probably a rant - it wasn't meant to be though.