SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Old 07-09-08, 09:53 PM   #1
MR UKI (1)

Default New Donington

Not sure if posted already, but link to the proposed new Donington

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/file...aster_plan.pdf
Old 07-09-08, 10:11 PM   #2
Lozzo

Default Re: New Donington

Not sure I like it, but will reserve final judgement til after I've ridden it.
Old 07-09-08, 11:31 PM   #3
independentphoto

Saw the drawing and heard it being discussed openly when we were down in July. Glad to see that it doesn't ruin the character of the circuit IMHO and is flexible for different uses just as the current circuit is. No-one seemed to be anything other than optimistic about it all.

Quite looking forward to having a go at it once it's all finished, particularly the replacement for Godards.

Garry
Old 08-09-08, 05:32 AM   #4
xXBADGERXx

That looks decent , especially with that extra bit added , should give spectators more to see in exciting and close races with another overtaking point . My main gripe with that circuit is this . You watch a GP and the bikes thrapp past at blinding speeds , then nothing for a minute and a half . That infield part would give you more to watch if you were sat in the right places
Old 08-09-08, 07:17 AM   #5
Alpinestarhero

I'm glad they have kept most of the original curcuit, the new part looks like a great use of all that infield space...although perhaps it won't be so good for the rock concerets held there

I'm looking forward to seeing how it will be, and I'd like to get back there next year (I last went in 2001) too see if the veiwing is better. I enjoyed donny when I went before, I could watch all the GP bikes coming down the craner curves and right up to (mcleans?)
Old 16-09-08, 01:12 PM   #6
grh1904

It looks quite interesting, it is a pity that the essess appear to have gone (who many times do you watch outrageous out-braking take place there), but with what looks like a massive straight from Coppice down to the melbourne hair-pin, it should allow those GP bikes to really open the throttle, and just imagine the out-braking that could go on there!!!!!!.

My only concern is that this being done for when the F1 cage racers go there, and that it kills off the spirit of bike racing.

Lewis hamilton got penalised for actually overtaking in one of their races!!!!!!!!!
Old 16-09-08, 01:23 PM   #7
G
Mega Poster

Looks interesting.....I hope nobodys brakes fail coming into melbourne.

You can get enough speed up from the esses as it is, let alone coming from copice, I think they may need to extend the run off by about.......erm 500m+......GP bikes and cars are going to be comfortably doing 200mph+ coming into that corner on the new layout.