SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-03-09, 11:16 AM   #1
slloyd

Default Car Insurance...No Claims Question

Does anyone know what happens with your no claims discount if you do not continuely use it?

I've built up 9 years NCD with my car, and now that I'm on a bike I cannot use it, therefore does this get scrapped after a period of time?

slloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-09, 11:26 AM   #2
600+

Default Re: Car Insurance...No Claims Question

it will after a year or 2

I would just buy something for pennys and insure it......but it depends really on your age as well. NCB or not might not make much of a difference if you are an old fart
Old 23-03-09, 11:32 AM   #3
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

It expires after 2 years....

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-09, 11:49 AM   #4
timwilky
Mega Poster

I am contemplating having to buy a car, just to maintain my NCB. for the past 6 years, the daughters cars have been in my name, insured by me and her as a named driver.

Now she has taken out her own policy, been credited with some NCB by virtue of having been on my policy for so long and I am now coming up to 8 months without a policy of my own.

I had held car insurance without a claim since 1978, I am always scared that I don't appear in the companies hierarchy find myself with a company car, no grade/title to justify it and a HR dept that are looking to harmonise T&C accross businesses etc. should they spitefully find reasons to withdraw my company car that I might find myself needing to source a car/insurance etc in a hurry.

TBH I am thinking of buying a small van, enough space to put a selection of tools etc and a tow bar for a bike trailer.