SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 09-07-11, 09:04 PM   #1
Ed

Default If I get up early enough tomoz (Sunday)

...I'm going up the Pondy via Ellesmere and that fabbo A528 to Overton-on-Dee, and the even better A539 to Ruabon. After the Pondy then to Bala via Corwen, maybe with a stop for a coffee and a cigarette at Rhug, and then back over the Berwyn Mountains

So if you see a filthy 675 (is graphite underneath) it's me

So I'd best hit the hay now else I won't be up early enough
Old 10-07-11, 07:51 PM   #2
Ed

Default Re: If I get up early enough tomoz (Sunday)

It was a terrific ride. I got rained on, very wet in fact - it came down like stair rods and I had my leathers on - water running down my neck and back, all part of the fun Lots of Bikesafe peeps up the Pondy. And something caught my eye and I wish it hadn't, cos being a nosey git I had to go investigate, there's a Garden of Remembrance behind the cafe, it's an ickle island in the stream, not sure whether it's bike related

I like the road from the Pondy to Corwen so I turned round and did it again Do you remember where someone went into the ditch - wasn't AR06, must've been one of the BP meets I did. It's on that road, looked at the spot and thought how the hell could anyone come off there...

My bike is filthier than ever

Anyone any good at valeting
Old 11-07-11, 07:58 AM   #3
darylB

Clean it yourself you lazy part time worker, . My day was spent taking the pony to Meifod to a saddle fitter to change one of the saddles we've got that wasn't really suitable, ended up getting a brand new bank balance sapping leather saddle. Didn't get wet once.

Daryl.
Old 11-07-11, 08:11 AM   #4
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Ha! Ha! I went out yesterday evening and followed a similar route, heading east to dodge the showers, which we managed. We went up the Nant-y-Garth (A525), over the Horseshoe, A539 via Ruabon to join the A528 and back on the A539 towards Whitchurch. Blast home on the A525 through Wrexham, racing the rain and just about beat it.

AFAIK Ed the little garden of remembrance is nothing to do with bikes, I'm fairly sure it is for dog, but may be wrong.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote