SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-07, 10:55 PM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default Biggest Nick

Ok, first off, 'it is not big and it is not clever' and not advocating dong it ...

... but out of interest, who holds the 'getting nicked' speed record on the .org? ... i.e. who got caught speeding at the greatest speed?

Also who has got away with the fastest speeding ... anyone got away with it whilst caught at >100mph? (i.e. actually got pulled and let off, not did way over a ton but didn't get caught).

Old 01-07-07, 11:22 PM   #2
Horney

Default Re: Biggest Nick

I've only been caught twice and it was both times in the cage, 74 in a 50 and 77 in a 60. The last one really annoyed me as me and my mate was just speaking about it and the lights went on from an unmarked volvo. Gutted.
Atleast the cop bird was nice (well to look at anyway)

Old 02-07-07, 08:07 AM   #3
MiniMatt

Ok, my attempt for the biggest "getting away with it" - wait for it (can I get a drum roll?).....

32mph in a 30 zone. I kid you not.

Flashy blue lights, pulled over. Do you know what the speed limit is here sir? Umm, 30? And how fast were you going? Umm, 30? You were caught at 32mph sir.
Very, very nearly burst out laughing but thankfully thought better of it and did a slightly over the top & almost sarcastic "oh I'm very sorry, god what a terror of the roads I am, please don't lock me up and throw away the key, please". Got let off with a "be a bit more careful in future".

Old 02-07-07, 08:18 AM   #4
keithd

clocked doing 78 in a 50, the nice young officer let me off with a warning cos he said my observation and riding were excellent

dunno if he saw the irony of telling me my observational skills were good...didnt see him did i!?

Old 02-07-07, 08:21 AM   #5
Warthog

I am quite big.

Nick

Old 02-07-07, 08:42 AM   #6
SV650Racer

140mph in a 60mph zone back in 1999. Ended up with 6 points and £150 fine.

How?....after getting a good solicitor, pleading guilty to 98mph and seeing that on the video evidence he was catching me when he was timing me making his recorded speed inaccurate...cough cough!.

Oh and dont try an out run an unmarked car....they are quicker than you think!.

Lesson learnt...oh yes. Had to wait 6 months to go to court...2 hours in the dock. Was enough to send me straight back to the track where i belong.

Old 02-07-07, 09:05 AM   #7
weazelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
you're not the biggest, Nick

Old 02-07-07, 09:08 AM   #8
Stingo

Oh the shame.

M5. Heading to Exeter from Plymouth. 1979.

Honda 500/4 Mag alloy wheels, clip ons & rear sets. 4 into 1 exhaust.

My mate was on a fairly new at the time CX500.

We were overtaking a car at 104 in a 70.

It was a plain police car.

It suddenly went 'Nee Nar, Nee Nar'.

Can't remember what my mate got but I think I got a £60 fine and a 14 day ban.
Old 02-07-07, 09:15 AM   #9
Ceri JC

102mph on a 70mph dual carriageway for me. Not on the bike, but in a Corsa of all things. £190 fine (including costs) court appearence and 6 points and an SP30 (yes, really!) on my licence. Never been caught on the bike, touch wood. Had a few very near misses, mind.

Old 02-07-07, 10:58 AM   #10
Baph

96 in a 30 (though I dispute there is NO need for it to be 30, there's no schools or shops etc, and it's in a small sleepy village with clear view all along the perfectly straight road).

Bike copper standing behind a skip with a speed gun.

Got off with it completely as I argued (politely) the speed limit & could prove I was being very observant by telling him the phone number etc of another skip positioned a couple of hundred meters back (didn't say I'd been there only yesterday & remembered which company the skip belonged to - and just happened to know their number). I also told him about all the cars parked on the road, and even one of the numberplates of those cars (which is owned by a mate)

He said that because I was being so observant, consider this my lucky day, and hinted that he thought it should be a 40 zone, but he couldn't say that for some reason.

EDIT: I've also undertaken an unmarked police car doing approx 75mph in a 50zone. All he did was flash his blue lights & shout "slow down on that thing or you'll kill yourself." I nodded & waved, he carried on driving. So that doesn't really count for this thread.

Closed Thread