SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-03-07, 09:10 AM   #1
andyb

Default Cut out when clutch pulled in

Going along quite happily when a car stopped infront of me, so I pulled the clutch in to change down and tried to blip the throttle, but nothing. Had the oil warning light on and no engine. I restarted and carried on for the rest of the 25 mile trip it was fine. What could this be? It happened after about 10 miles so the bike was upto temp etc.

Any help/ideas appreciated. Its just knocking my confidence a bit as it I'd have not realised and just let the clutch out again I'd have prob had a brown trouser moment
Old 06-03-07, 09:18 AM   #2
John 675

Post Re: Cut out when clutch pulled in

my pointy has just started doing that to me, i pull the clutch in and start to change down and it stalls, but mine is aalways within the first few mins of getting on, its probably because i rev the bolox of it

Old 06-03-07, 09:37 AM   #3
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Cut out when clutch pulled in

I had this with my SV when first got it, it would cut out like that for no reason. I turned up my idle speed to around the 1500rpm mark and its been fine ever since.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-07, 09:58 AM   #4
andyb

Thanks for advice, I'll check out the idle speed although think it may be OK as it didnt stall when it was cold with the clutch pulled in.
Old 06-03-07, 10:10 AM   #5
Alpinestarhero

My curvy will cut out if it isnt idling above 1500rpm; this is only when its cold though.

Matt
Old 06-03-07, 10:12 AM   #6
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Yep happened many a time, but also sometimes when hot.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-07, 10:13 AM   #7
andyb

Did you sort it TSM or just learn to live with it?
Old 06-03-07, 10:21 AM   #8
rictus01
Mega Poster

Of possible benefit, if you bridge the clutch switch it takes it out of the equation (for testing of course).

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-07, 10:30 AM   #9
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb View Post
Did you sort it TSM or just learn to live with it?
Does not happen that much, there are several things that have to concure at the same time usaly for it to happen, either a slow gear change (e.g. not a positive direct shift), after a long stint at high load then right down to pottling speed and change gear slowly. So not a big issue and not often, but i live with thoes problems as they are minor in the bigger picture of my bike.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-07, 10:35 AM   #10
andyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
Does not happen that much, there are several things that have to concure at the same time usaly for it to happen, either a slow gear change (e.g. not a positive direct shift), after a long stint at high load then right down to pottling speed and change gear slowly. So not a big issue and not often, but i live with thoes problems as they are minor in the bigger picture of my bike.
Eaxctly what I did this morning. Hight ish speed, right down to walking pace and the a lazy gear change