SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 15-02-19, 10:06 PM   #6001
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Have you seen this? 223393779779
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-19, 03:12 PM   #6002
yokohama

Not much doing here, work keeping me busy at the moment.
I finally got the Fed 2 how I want it. After taking bits off the body and rebuilding the lens, the RF was out of synch with the lens markings. Sorted that this morning.
I managed to sell the Olympus 35ed second time around and also got rid of a couple of surplus zoom lenses.
Oh, and i went for an Audio Technica ATLP5 turntable - direct drive and sounds good.
I had a look at the Minolta. Not one I know much about and 110 is not for me at the moment. Kenzie?
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-19, 04:25 PM   #6003
Kenzie

Thanks for the heads up but as to quote a common phrase of mine "I have one of those but haven't shot with it yet" just got back in from a ride to the coast. Was ok, bit chilly but my bike is now covered in crap. Spoke to a guy who was standing with a couple of brand new Honda 250 rally bikes, and he is going to be riding from UK to Mongolia on them.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk

Last edited by Kenzie; 16-02-19 at 07:10 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-19, 07:03 PM   #6004
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Mongolia, wow! Yoko,I know very little to be honest about turntables so I hope it's a good one. My Linn was sold to me by a guy I used to work with, I'd heard of them and he let me take it home and try it out before I decided, it was an opportunistic purchase.
Put a bid on this 264189796964 I checked with the seller and when it says a problem with the winder, he means the external one - the camera is fine. Am hoping that will put people off. Also been looking at this and asked about the RF spot and meter, but the seller gave me a real generic reply so think I'll pass, and it's got a bid on it now anyway.
Spent the day in Lincoln, had a look at a Fuji X20 at London Camera Exchange. No case but reasonable price, nice though. There are a couple on ebay that look good so might be in possession of one those soon. They had a TZ80 as well (200, the Fuji was 180), nice enough but I struggled to focus my eye on the image in the EVF, even with much diopter fiddling. The X20 is 12MP but I think that'll be enough combined with a good lens and electronics, and every review is glowing.
Old 16-02-19, 07:13 PM   #6005
Kenzie

What was the item number on the RF Johnny? If you win the ME Super, I have a couple of spare baseplates and battery covers if you need. The Mongolia guy said they may visit Turkey and Iran too, would have done India too but too dangerous to ride through Pakistan.
Old 16-02-19, 10:55 PM   #6006
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Oops, didn't paste it 113633623544
In my last company, before it was taken over by a US company, they did a lot of business in Iran. The project engineers spend weeks on end in the field, and they all liked Iran. We liked Turkey too, nice people etc. great food.
Old 17-02-19, 04:11 PM   #6007
Kenzie

Pretty decent results from the G1. I was a bit hesitant to get a proper lens for it as I already have a few digitals, but DSLR like quality in a small light package isn't so bad.

Old 20-02-19, 07:27 PM   #6008
yokohama

Kenzie, have you got an OM20?
I was playing with mine today, thinking about putting it in the queue and the mirror slap is insane. There's no foam on the bumper, just plain rubber. Is yours (assuming you have one) the same?
Old 20-02-19, 07:48 PM   #6009
Kenzie

I have an iffy OM20, mirror buffer is a weedy strip of something:

Mine has quite a slap to it. I tried to film mine but everytime I tried it mis-fired, take the TZ away and it would fire normally! Tried five times and each time it mis-fired. I think the OM10 has the same level of slap. I bought a Pentax MX and a Program A in a bundle, both listed as faulty but the A seems to be fine, just missing it's grip. I already have one so does anyone want it? MX has a dented top plate and is missing the focus screen but again, otherwise functional. Need a screen for it now.

Last edited by Kenzie; 20-02-19 at 07:52 PM.
Old 20-02-19, 08:21 PM   #6010
yokohama

The 0M20 looks the same as mine. It seems to be a plain, not so soft rubber pad. I wonder if it's worth putting a millimetre or two of foam on top of it.
Sounds like a good deal for the 2 Pentax cameras. Is the GAS returning after the post Christmas lull? There seems to be 10% off ebay camera purchases at the minute too.