SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-01-07, 09:34 PM   #1
furrybean

Default Ebay mishap

Okay I was bidding on some leathers and on the last few seconds I bidded £1454 instead of £154. Now I've won the auction for £300 which is way over what I wanted to pay. I've emailed the seller but I'm guessing its negative feedback for me now!

Ah well
Old 09-01-07, 09:36 PM   #2
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

You might be OK if you're quick to tell the seller and he gets a second chance offer out quickly. Seller could be happy that he could get £310 from the under bidder instead of £150 (one bid over your intended. (you could try sending him a copy of your ebay showing you bid £1454 which was clearly not an intentional bid.

Good Luck Ducati
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-07, 09:37 PM   #3
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Ouch unlucky
Yep either that or get yourself a very expensive set of leathers
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-07, 09:39 PM   #4
furrybean

Hmmmm, I aint going to buy a second hand set of leathers for £300!!! Negative feedback or not
Old 09-01-07, 10:05 PM   #5
on yer bike

he may ask 4 the ebay fee's to be paid by yourself, a couple of quid, that's what i tend 2 do when this happens.. bad luck though m8

on yer bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-07, 01:05 AM   #6
K

I think you have the right to withdraw your offer on the grounds of an (fairly obvious in this case) error when submitting.

Contact the seller first explaining the situation and let them get a 2nd chance offer out to the next bidder. Then check on your 'My eBay' there should be something about withdrawing a bid - or it may be something the seller has to do.

Basically you say you are not going to complete the transaction, the seller claims the fees back from eBay (he then gets charged fees on any acceptance of the 2nd Chance value so they're not out of pocket) and you do still get the chance to leave feedback for each other.

OK, so you may get negative - but no everyone out there in eBay land is a git and out to screw you over.
Likewise you may get a 'Withdrawn Bid' or 'None Payer' mark against you - but in the grand scheme of things it's an easily made mistake that is most likely to amount to little in the long run. I guess it depends how serious you are about eBay and using it.
Old 10-01-07, 08:21 AM   #7
Viper

oops. Good luck trying to sort it out
Old 10-01-07, 01:33 PM   #8
Blue_SV650S

More importantly who (genuinely) bid £290 for a set of 2nd hand leathers!!! What were they??
Old 10-01-07, 04:25 PM   #9
furrybean

The next highest bidder to me was £150 so ebay must have gone up to the reserve price of £300 for some reason. He's just emailed me saying if I pay the £5.51 listing fee he won't give me negative.

Surely if he processes it as a non-paying bidder ebay refunds him anyway and he doesnt need to leave feedback.
Old 10-01-07, 04:48 PM   #10
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrybean
The next highest bidder to me was £150 so ebay must have gone up to the reserve price of £300 for some reason. He's just emailed me saying if I pay the £5.51 listing fee he won't give me negative.

Surely if he processes it as a non-paying bidder ebay refunds him anyway and he doesnt need to leave feedback.
Id fire off an email to ebay. The reserve will only go up by what ever incremental its going at to a minimym of 10p. iirc.

Is hes saying that its gone to £300, and the closest was 150, someone is telling porkies.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote