SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 12-08-14, 06:02 AM   #11
Ratty

Default Re: SV1000SZ onboard footage

I have a mount with a concave mating surface that matches the screen. My mate gave it me out of a bag full of mounts he bought on ebay. See camera fitted here.

Ratty
Old 16-08-14, 01:33 PM   #12
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Hi Ratty,

that sound is so lush as you whizz around, you need a mic next to one of the cans though for added roar!

Now don't hate me for this, but I have a genuine question. As a person who has never done a track day, may I ask what the attraction is and why you do them? The wife and I like to film our rides when go to interesting places, but that is usually a destination some distance away and the adventure is the ride. What do you get from a track day? I am not trying to be rude, I am really interested in your answer. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-14, 06:39 PM   #13
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayneflakes View Post
The wife and I like to film our rides when go to interesting places
Cool !!!

From first hopping onto two wheels, the fun for me has always been cornering. building a tracker from old bike parts and doing cycle speedway on the local gravel hockey pitch. When I got motorbikes this developed into hooning around the roads with mates generally grinding boots and pegs. I reached the heights of this in the early eighties when I could lean over my CB250RS ( a very slim bike ) until I ground out the bolts holding on the pegs so that the pegs would fall off. My party piece was scraping my passengers toes. After a a couple of bans and a big crash in the late eighties on my Z1100R, I sacked riding for 15 years, returning on an SV650 in 2004 that the wife bought me for Xmas. It soon became apparent that the cornering bug was still there and I would ride the Cat and Fiddle almost every week. Jan bought me a Ron Haslam day at Donington and I was lucky enough to get one to one instruction. The guy asked what I wanted from the day and I told him I just wanted to corner as fast as I could. We flew round. I never got over the adrenalin rush but it was late 2007 before I booked my first track day with my mate at Mallory. A brilliant sunny day saw us having a whale of a time and turning the SV1000's footrest to dust. Ever since then you just end up chasing the adrenalin rush and the thirst for more lean, long scrapey knee downs and better lap time. A big group of us go together so there's always loads of fun competition. It's highly infectious. Problem is I now find road riding mundane and frustrating. I've put rear sets on the thou for more ground clearance and stiffened her up a little and enjoy the old girl going up against all the track bikes and supersports. I still get my road ride because I ride to and from ALL the events. 33 of them now on the thou. That's about it really .

Alan
Old 16-08-14, 07:50 PM   #14
tonyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayneflakes View Post
Hi Ratty,

that sound is so lush as you whizz around, you need a mic next to one of the cans though for added roar!

Now don't hate me for this, but I have a genuine question. As a person who has never done a track day, may I ask what the attraction is and why you do them? The wife and I like to film our rides when go to interesting places, but that is usually a destination some distance away and the adventure is the ride. What do you get from a track day? I am not trying to be rude, I am really interested in your answer. Thank you.
My 2p's worth.... Being a old has been racer I just can't get scaring meself witless out of me system...
tonyt is offline   Reply With Quote