SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-07-08, 10:07 AM   #1
startrek.steve

Default SV Owners' Club?

Ive been going to the BMF rally for 29 years now, and was always surprised at the number of same model bike clubs... Goldwing, Bandit, Yamaha LC, etc... is there one for the SV? and does the Forum ever have a presence at the BMF? (Never seen an SV Owners Club Tent) If not, Why not?
I propose we have a bit of a do at the next BMF 2009, would be an easier way for us Northern types to get together with you Southern Softies...
I think my old bones could manage as far as Peterborough on my bike!

Steve

Last edited by startrek.steve; 05-07-08 at 10:30 AM.
startrek.steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-08, 11:01 AM   #2
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Default Re: SV Owners Club?

I think there is a bandit/sv owners club. They were at the bike show at knockhill
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-08, 01:03 PM   #3
chakraist

I always saw this as the unofficial SV owners club. But, I don't get money off my insurance for being here...
Old 05-07-08, 01:36 PM   #4
startrek.steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakraist View Post
I always saw this as the unofficial SV owners club. But, I don't get money off my insurance for being here...
Yeah, I do, but I think we should make an official presence at BMF for those guys without T'Internet...
Id take a turn manning the desk...
Old 05-07-08, 02:01 PM   #5
rob13

Hasnt the BMF been in decline for quite a few years now? It used to get a lot of publicity but last few years seems like its all gone quiet.
Old 05-07-08, 05:06 PM   #6
ranathari

Yeah, the BMF in general has declined significantly and it's becoming considerably less relevant. Apparently last year's BMF show at Peterborough was almost not going to happen until they hired an outside company to organise it.
Old 05-07-08, 05:08 PM   #7
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
I think there is a bandit/sv owners club.
Yeap, there is and it became a part SV club when one of the members girlfriends/wife bought an SV. Its mainly a bandit club!
Old 05-07-08, 05:39 PM   #8
rob13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
Yeap, there is and it became a part SV club when one of the members girlfriends/wife bought an SV. Its mainly a bandit club!
Its a poor excuse for an SV club thats for sure. This is the best unofficial one you can get.
Old 05-07-08, 06:52 PM   #9
startrek.steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchester View Post
Hasnt the BMF been in decline for quite a few years now? It used to get a lot of publicity but last few years seems like its all gone quiet.
I must say, it was the smallest one ever this year, and the most expensive!!
Old 06-07-08, 08:50 PM   #10
MR UKI (1)

Theres a Suzuki Owners Club with sub forums, they do money off insurance etc, but sure theres a joining fee.