SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-09-04, 07:30 PM   #1
Rodger Wabbit

Default SV650 Side Fairings?

Hi, I’m looking to buy a sv650 with full fairings but I’m finding it very hard. I have found a few with just belly pans but I am really wanting to get the side fairings, Am I correct in thinking the side fairings are different to the belly pan and what I would have to do is remove the belly pan and fit the side fairings? or do the side fairings just fit in-between?

Also if I was to buy the side fairings how much am i looking at for the fairings / fitting ?

My last question is the bike i am looking at is "W" Reg so I’m assuming that the side fairings will fit?

Thanks in advance Lee
Old 23-09-04, 07:33 PM   #2
Gforceuk

i've jsut had the full fairing fitted on my 02 Sv and it looks fantastic.

it cost me 375 + 47 fitting ( yep the fitting was a bit of a rip off... claycross near chesterfield. )

but well worth the 400+ and it was a suzuki part and not a 3rd party add on.
Old 23-09-04, 07:39 PM   #3
Rodger Wabbit

Would those fairings fit a 2000 model (w-Reg)?

And if i was to get the side fairings would the belly pan be useless or is that included in the full fairings?

Many thanks Lee

p.s Would you happen to have any pic's of your bike i could have a look at?
Old 23-09-04, 07:45 PM   #4
Gforceuk

The belly pan isnt needed.

there are pic on here , in this forum or the idle banter forum i think . i asked similar question to yourself. he he,

here

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.ph...hlight=fairing

i just looked at the suzuki website and it gives you the product code you need for your model.
Old 23-09-04, 11:29 PM   #5
bnolan06

I ordered mine when I purchased my 04' sv650S. A little less than $450 US total.
[/img]
Old 24-09-04, 12:00 AM   #6
northwind
Mega Poster

I got mine for an '00 used for £95 from Ebay, they need respraying mind. A new set is £300 IIRC for the official set, Powerbronze make a set too but I've heard nothing but bad things about it...

I prefer the bellypan but it won't fit with my new exhaust
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-04, 05:50 AM   #7
sharriso74

Don't bother paying for fitting it took me under an hour and I'm not the most mechanicaly minded person.
Old 24-09-04, 11:36 AM   #8
pepe

Hopefully I'm picking up my Suzuki K3 fairings today ( they have been sent to the wrong shop ! ), are they easy to fit ? any suggestions would be handy. I suppose the best thing to do is put a towel or something on the floor to prevent them from getting scratched when fitting.
Old 24-09-04, 05:10 PM   #9
adey

i agree fit them yourself i did it in about an hour and i am not a diy wizz either