SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-10-06, 08:11 PM   #1
Kinvig

Default Just done an oil change!

Okay, so it's not exactly similar to the first moon-landing, but I've gone and done my first oil filter & oil change.

My first step into a wider world!

Sort of ran out of one type of oil & had to use semi synth for the last .25 litres (both 40-10)....Oil's a bit "bubbly" at the mo' but I'm hoping that'll be down to the oil filter & maybe after I run it in for a few mins it'll be okay. Otherwise I'll be replacing the oil again. Hooray!

Also, got my broken rear brake pedal of & the new one on - had to drill out the old bolt so after I get a new bolt for my pedal my bike'll be on the road again. And a new "split pin".

I feel so manly, I could wrestle a mammoth.

...and after being off the bike for nealry two weeks (that long since my hit n'run) doesn't just sitting astride your bike, revving it feel really "proper grown up"!

Cal me tarzan.....And Yes, I've just been down the pub to celebrate.
Old 11-10-06, 08:25 PM   #2
hovis

Old 11-10-06, 08:46 PM   #3
Razor

Well done!
I remember my first oil change like it were yesterday, no wait that was my LAST oil change...
Old 11-10-06, 08:50 PM   #4
Kinvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
Well done!
I remember my first oil change like it were yesterday, no wait that was my LAST oil change...
Is your avatar that bird from Cagney & Lacey?
Old 11-10-06, 08:52 PM   #5
Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
Well done!
Is your avatar that bird from Cagney & Lacey?
Yes Sharon Gless, she has a hardcore lesbian following y'know
Old 12-10-06, 07:24 AM   #6
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: Just done an oil change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvig
Okay, so it's not exactly similar to the first moon-landing, but I've gone and done my first oil filter & oil change.

My first step into a wider world!
Wait till you balance your carbs yourself for the first time! If you get it right and the test run shows you how cr4p they were before and how well the bike goes now you'll be looking for the first non-vandalised phone box so you can put your undies on over the top of your trousers!!!!
Old 14-10-06, 02:31 PM   #7
jimmybluedevil

What kind of oil/filter? I went from the (presumably) generic juice it was on to Mobil1 and a K&N filter. The diff was noticeable right away in the way it shifted. Sexy stuff
Old 14-10-06, 02:34 PM   #8
Kinvig

OEM filter from t'inter-web (ebay) & silkolene 10w-40 oil. Now I thought silkoline was for your hair?

Haven't managed to get on on my bike yet due to various bike-related reasons.

(
Old 14-10-06, 04:56 PM   #9
Kylie

Quote:
Also, got my broken rear brake pedal of & the new one on - had to drill out the old bolt
That'd be the suzuki factory's loctite happy fitter then. Had same problem with mine, had to go to my local mechanic and use his vice and 3 foot torque bar to free it. No loctite on there now, not fallen off yet....