SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 20-09-16, 07:20 PM   #2051
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

MX winder sold for £31, which I'm pretty pleased with.
Johnny, after what you said about ebay the other day, I must've forgotten to tick a box because some guy in China with 02 FB just bought the P30. I'm a bit unsure about this. It was free postage to UK so a quote for tracked and signed for might put him off.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-16, 07:25 PM   #2052
yokohama

I went out for a wander today with the XD5 and a couple of lenses. Not a great day, dull, grey and only trees to take pictures of. I walked up to the white horse at Kilburn, which looks good from a distance but close up, it's just a mess of dirty gravel. I was hoping for a nice sunset and some nice light but it never happened.
I need to get the film processed this week to find out if the light leak is fixed. If not, I'll have to get someone better than me to look at it. Found somewhere in Leeds that will give free estimates and a 6 month guarantee on repairs.
Old 20-09-16, 07:55 PM   #2053
yokohama

Damn! Kenzie, I was thinking of you. Just missed out on a cased Canon AE1 with 50mm plus flash, extra lens and cleaning kit, manuals etc for £25
Old 20-09-16, 08:12 PM   #2054
Kenzie

Thats not bad.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-16, 08:36 PM   #2055
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Sometimes you have to just go and see Yokes, the Japanese call it Gemba, the actual place. My usual MO is to take pictures too early, then find the best views later on. Often with medium format then I'm loathe to shoot even more at £2 a picture!

Well the Chinese person will take it or not, wait and see, it's their money! Like I said, if you are covered for loss in transit then job done, bit mercenary perhaps but it's business, and money has no conscience. Not sure which listing tool you were using, or the differences for that matter, but the one I've been using has a drop-down box for international shipping, normally says something like "no international shipping" and I think the only other option is "flat rate to all" although I've found for basic Royal Mail small parcels it's all the same for all regions anyway - not looked at anything more valuable (yet).

Look at it another way; for Christmas I got a set of small screwdrivers for fixing Kenzie's cameras (only kidding), Mrs Rod ordered them from Amazon or somewhere and it turns out they came from Japan, wrapped in some Japanese newspaper in the box. Even for something small and mundane, there is a bit of fun in getting it from abroad. That and if you've seen the price of some bike bits from America, even with postage, you'll cry into your beer comparing it with the UK prices... Anyway if he goes for it and you've made good money you could drop a roll of Poundland's finest in there as a freebie! I put things in with the kid stuff we sell, partly just to get rid of the 10000 sheets of stickers etc. my mum keeps buying.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-16, 09:05 PM   #2056
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Kenzie, more half-frame 35mm madness
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamron-Chi...-/162199062456
Old 20-09-16, 09:07 PM   #2057
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Also a lovely-looking Kowa
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-camera-/282171668817
Old 20-09-16, 09:09 PM   #2058
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Sorry last one, cheap except the postage but it's in Devon so not exactly a collection job!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/photo-Colo...-/331973000653
maybe appeal if you develop yourself
Old 21-09-16, 06:22 AM   #2059
Kenzie

Wow, I wouldn't know what to do with those inks! I have found a joblot which includes an AE1 Program for pretty cheap, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4011887864...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT so I have dropped a bid on. Might have a pop at that Taron. Problem is I have been paid and there are quite a few ending today.

The ink man also has these for sale: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Fo...0AAOSwmfhX38Mc

Last edited by Kenzie; 21-09-16 at 06:23 AM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-16, 07:09 AM   #2060
yokohama

I like the look of that Kowa. In fact I know someone who works for the company although they've diversified these days.