SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-09-07, 11:41 AM   #1
tomjones2

Default Renthal Streetfighter bars

Been looking at these bars,
http://www.bikebitzuk.co.uk/index.ph...products_id=46

They are listed on renthal website as an off-road bar but is there any reason that you can't use them on road? After speaking to a shop they said they would be fine.

The shop also said that the brace is cosmetic, which back up something that I read somewhere, has anyone heard of the brace actually being structral.

Cheers
Old 18-09-07, 11:45 AM   #2
riktherider

Default Re: Renthal Streetfighter bars

hey there. i have the same bars in two different sizes, and unbraced versions. the only reason they say for off road use is because of the high rise, and off road takes more abuse than road so they are probably very very strong. I'm unsure about the brace as i want to remove them off of a black pair i have. used to like the braced look, not any more.
The one problem you probably will have is the cable routing and hoses. sometimes the throttle can accelerate when turning the bars if the bars have been raised. just a couple of warnings to help you along your way. oh you may also need to adjuct the angle of the brake hoses too.
Old 18-09-07, 06:57 PM   #3
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Default Re: Renthal Streetfighter bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjones2 View Post
Been looking at these bars,
http://www.bikebitzuk.co.uk/index.ph...products_id=46

They are listed on renthal website as an off-road bar but is there any reason that you can't use them on road? After speaking to a shop they said they would be fine.

The shop also said that the brace is cosmetic, which back up something that I read somewhere, has anyone heard of the brace actually being structral.

Cheers
Re highlighted, you have read the imformation on the web site wrong. They are actually listed under 'road' and not 'off road' .

Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote