SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Essex Lounge No Nova's or Impreza's alllowed. Your MC's are Supervox & Messie.

Old 30-05-05, 06:57 PM   #1
pljharvey

Default another newbie moan

hi, me again, asking question after question...

just got an email off a bloke - he's based at RAf northolt, and has a blue sv for sale - £3600 (fully faired) with 3200 miles etc etc, on a 53 plate.

all looks well and good, but do you think it's better buying from a dealer..? at least a little piece of mind aint it?

also, if I were to arrange a trip up to take a look would anyone chelmsford based fancy coming along, maybe giving an 'experienced' opinion as to whether it's a good buy (obviously I'll be driving etc)

just a thought - might not even bother to go over there anyways

paul

ps - well done to west ham - back in the prem at last!
Old 30-05-05, 09:02 PM   #2
Iansv

sounds a tad pricey for a private sale

any extras with it ?

depending when you go I could take a look with you, but you could get one from dealer with warranty etc for that money
Old 30-05-05, 09:03 PM   #3
Iansv

have you looked at any in the for sale section ?
Old 31-05-05, 04:04 PM   #4
pljharvey

yeah, it is expensive, but was thinking that for that money, maybe it's as new? but, obviously, I wouldn't know would I...

as for extras, I have no idea - I'm still waiting for him to email back... does looks very very nice though

I'll have a look in the sale section now
Old 31-05-05, 04:33 PM   #5
pljharvey

not seen a lot in the for sale section...

seen another nice looking bike from Alford brothers Ltd (in kent), so they might be worth a try.

it really is hassle looking around. would be a lot better to just shell out and buy new, if i had a better paid job!

better get back to it
Old 31-05-05, 04:41 PM   #6
Iansv

With 0% finance on till the end of august an all Black k5 looks mighty good, you can bung extra's onto that finance too.....

Personally if you want a pointy i'd go new
Old 31-05-05, 05:49 PM   #7
jaymz

i agree with ian on that point,if you can afford new its defo worth it in my opinion.yea ok so it looses money as soon as you drive it off the forecourt but you have the bonus of running it in yourself & you know its history & dont have the worry of it having the nuts rung out of it,well not untill you do it yourself im no expert but if im around (not often im affraid) id go along if you looked at a 2nd hand bike.
Old 01-06-05, 06:45 AM   #8
pljharvey

yeah good point, but I do agree that as a first bike I'm gonna lose so much money as soon as I ride it for the first time... the difference between 2nd hand and new is "only £700 odd" but it's still £700.

ps - that 2nd hand bike I saw for £3600 (the private one) has no extras - i.e. alarm, alphadot or anything. the bike does look absolutely mint, but still, £3600....

I let people know if I eventually get one sorted. I might go along to southend tomorrow to have a look at the one in Belle Vue Motors

Then I'll finally be able to ride along to a meet
Old 01-06-05, 12:36 PM   #9
minky

I got a brand new K4 for £3999 ... Definately worth as when I was looking they were only dropping £300 off their ex-demo's and the second hand ones were no cheaper. As the second hand price is so high you can't really lose. Once you get one you won't be getting rid of it
Old 01-06-05, 06:04 PM   #10
Dicky Ticker

Default aS PER

3200 miles an a 53plate is low mileage but I would want cash knocking off because it will soon be due a £150 service and needing tyres in 2500miles The up side is you will still have some Suzuki warranty left on it depending when it was 1st reg

My opinion being that if you are not mechanically minded and intend haveing your services done by a garage go for a brand spanking new one
taking advantage of the 0% finance paying only the basic deposit required
keeping your cash in the bank earning a bit of interest,offset against the additional £700 new cost
Don't get any extras fitted by the dealer as they will cost you OTT but get used to the bike as standard and whist riding it look at the other SV's you see and decide what you want on your bike
The additional bonus of buying new is new tyres and Suzuki 2yrs warranty
only leaving service costs as any breakdowns or faults plus recovery are inclusive in the first 12months warranty

Hope this bit of input is helpful and if you have any questions PM me

P.S. Get the best price you can first off and then ask other dealers if they can better it

Cheers Mac