SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-03-08, 10:00 AM   #1
N8te rider

Default VERY BAD accident in Putney

near Tibbets Corner off the A3, saw a very nasty accident involving a bike and car. The Car was upside down on the pavement with no front end and the black sports bike was destroyed. No ambulance when I got there so must have happened earlier this morning. Don't know if they survived but it shook me up quite badly. Not seen anything like that before. Worried about riding now.

Anyone else see it?
Old 18-03-08, 10:05 AM   #2
Ping

Default Re: VERY BAD accident in Putney

It's always quite sobering to come across the scene of a bike accident. I saw a bloke on an Aprilia ahead of me get taken out once (I had to emergency brake to avoid similar fate with the same car).

It wasn't nice.

But, we keep on biking 'cuz we love it.
Old 18-03-08, 10:09 AM   #3
Daimo

Aye indeedy. Seen quite a few accidents, including an r6 owner go into the back of a mondeo at speed, right next to me...

Always see lots in london, and it always sends a tingle down my back and reminds me how weak and puney we really are if we get hit.
Old 18-03-08, 10:19 AM   #4
N8te rider

I know it happens. another biker died at the end of my road couple of weeks ago. It must be worse seeing happen in front of you
Old 18-03-08, 07:26 PM   #5
Jester666

Having had the ?pleasure? of watching Bear hit the tarmac hard in front of me I can say it's not nice seenig a fellow biker crash especially a friend.

But we knew he was ok ish when his reply to the house owners question "Are you OK mate?" was "Yeah! I thought you had a nice garden and wanted to check it out!"
Old 18-03-08, 07:33 PM   #6
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

We've seen 3 friends come off in front of us in one incident, were right behind Luckypants when he killed his curvy, have had several other accidents happen during rideouts we've been on and an old friend died in a fatal accident just last month.

It's sobering when it happens but does it make us consider even for a minute giving up riding? No.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-08, 08:27 PM   #7
empty

Had one accident on that roundabout myself, and several near misses, the junction to go towards Wandsworth is somewhat close to the putney one and, due to someone putting a large pile of signs in the way, people have a tendancy not to look and blindly pull out on to the roundabout. I don't go that way to work anymore.

MT
Old 18-03-08, 08:34 PM   #8
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8te rider View Post
near Tibbets Corner off the A3, saw a very nasty accident involving a bike and car. The Car was upside down on the pavement with no front end and the black sports bike was destroyed. No ambulance when I got there so must have happened earlier this morning. Don't know if they survived but it shook me up quite badly. Not seen anything like that before. Worried about riding now.

Anyone else see it?
I wouldn't worry about riding I have seen a few things and thought dam...It won't stop me riding at all, but is a reminder of what could happen....just take it easy ride with in your own skills. Though I hate to see anyone hurt, espically if its a mate or having to deal with it. If my number is up then so be it.
Old 18-03-08, 09:15 PM   #9
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
We've seen 3 friends come off in front of us in one incident, were right behind Luckypants when he killed his curvy, have had several other accidents happen during rideouts we've been on and an old friend died in a fatal accident just last month.

It's sobering when it happens but does it make us consider even for a minute giving up riding? No.
It might not have put you off, but I'm reconsidering ever going on a ride-out with you two now.
Old 18-03-08, 09:17 PM   #10
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
It might not have put you off, but I'm reconsidering ever going on a ride-out with you two now.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote