SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-07-18, 05:35 PM   #1
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Default SV1000 K3 FI light :(

It's been ages since I posted on here but I need help. My old faithful SV1000 is having problems.

For the last 10+ years she's started on the button each and every time. This week I've been using the bike to ferry my son to and from the airshow so it's been doing some short, 5-10 mile journeys and getting used more frequently than usual. We've also done a few 50-100 mile journeys over recent weeks. so pretty much getting used more than normal and a few short trips thrown in. It's also been scorchio around here with day-time temperatures hitting 30+ while bike is parked up.

The last couple of days when I start from cold, it cranks but does not fire then throws an FI light. If you switch on and off a couple of times it goes through the priming sequence and then starts and runs fine. Once it's started, if you kill it then it starts fine. Leave it for an hour or so and it will start fine again.

Leave it overnight and it'll crank, give an FI light and you have to go through the priming sequence.

Any suggestions on where to start looking? Not sure if it's a temperature related thing or perhaps losing pressure in the system somewhere No petrol smells that I can notice to indicate a leak.

Never had any problems like this before.

Not lifted the tank or done any investigations at all yet as, to be honest, I was unsure where to start.

Probably entirely unrelated but the right indicator came on and did not flash at one junction on the way home this evening. Pretty sure the flasher relay is part of the side-stand interlock gubbins on these so is there a chance this is connected? I suspect a red-herring but you never know.

What do ya recon?
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 07:25 PM   #2
glang

Default Re: SV1000 K3 FI light :(

you need to put it dealer mode and see the code that comes up which should then tell you where the problem is. Best to download the manual or look up how to do this on here.....
glang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 11:49 AM   #3
andy650

Default Re: SV1000 K3 FI light :(

+1 You need dealer mode. Short the 2 pins in the empty white connector under the seat, that will show you the code on the dash. Look it up, and go from there.
andy650 is offline   Reply With Quote