SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-10-21, 05:10 PM   #10071
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

eBayers, again . . . .

In my listings for bike parts i always put the manufacturer part number, and the Bikes they say it will fit to. Yet still, daft people message asking will it fit XXX - my response is always 'read the listing, if your bike is not there - probably not'

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-21, 08:56 PM   #10072
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

BlackCircles.com

Ordered 2 tyres for the van as the fronts are at legal limit. Two emails confirming booking with time at local garage. Went for the appointment this morning. No tyres delivered. A waste of a morning off work and then hours trying to get through to customer services. When I did get through they put me on hold for about 40 minutes trying to work it all out and came back to me saying one was delivered a couple of hours after my appointment. Did I get this one fitted? !!!? I orderd two!! No I didn't have one fitted a few hours after I was there?!!

Now waiting for them to escalate an investigation and have questionably legal tyres on the van until they sort it.

If I hadn't needed to use my Paypal to pay I'd have gone direct to the garage as I usually do.

Very unimpressed and will definitely be avoiding BlackCircles in future. Not just for their incompetence, but also for the appalling way they are handling the problem and their dire customer support.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-21, 12:23 PM   #10073
DJ123
Mega Poster

It could have been a mix up between the courier confirming the tyre was delivered to the garage - or maybe they used what they had for you, for someone else and their delivery was for stock fitment

I've used them a few times and never had any issues. Although i've not had to deal with their CS, so can't comment on that side of things.

BMW F800ST

Last edited by DJ123; 12-10-21 at 12:24 PM.
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-21, 05:03 PM   #10074
garynortheast
Mega Poster

X-ray on my knee today, but I'll have to wait a couple of days for the result. What ever it is I've done to it made my whole lower leg hurt on the extended ride back from my MoT in Newtown
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-21, 07:37 PM   #10075
Craig380
Mega Poster

Hope you can get it fixed quickly, Gary.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-21, 08:13 PM   #10076
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Me too Craig. It's driving me mad, not allowed to go running, too painful to ride the bike very far.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-21, 07:20 PM   #10077
rowdy

Greedy b’stards on eBay.
I got a phone call gone midnight this morning, sons phone but when I answered it his mate was on the other end, said my lad had gone off a 90 degree right hander on his bike and smashed it up.
He was ok but where he went off was someone’s grass verge that they have put concrete blocks on to stop cars parking (like I said on a bend and bit of height difference from road so unnecessary IMO) and probably would have got away with it if they were not there but lucky he didn’t hit his head on one.

Anyway, looking for parts on eBay and 4 items I could find on there came to nearly £115 for used, marked and scratched panels.
I’ve been on the manufacturer parts website and ordered them for £83.21 for brand new parts.
When I put the items in my watch list I got a message pretty quick to say I could have one of the used items for £20.40 instead of the £24 listing price. The item I bought new for £16.56!
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 09:22 AM   #10078
Bibio
Mega Poster

hope your son is ok and mends quick rowdy. just goes to show that if you put a well known Japanese badge on things that the price rockets even though its all made in china. yes ebay has become a nightmare and is no longer the cheep priced place it was, its by and large still cheeper than amazon though.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 10:27 AM   #10079
rowdy

Thanks Bibio, he is ok clobbered one of the concrete blocks with his knee, and told me and his mother he was knocked unconscious momentarily so maybe he did hit a block, been back to look for his earbuds and 3 of the blocks had been skittles.

The irony is it’s a Chinese bike, not a Jap one. Anyone have any recommendations for a decent but reasonably priced replacement headlight, one thing I can’t source is the binnacle/headlamp shield so may have to fashion something myself.
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 10:42 AM   #10080
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Hope he's ok Rowdy , maybe warn the owners if he had been seriously injured they may have been culpable by intentionally altering the landscape.

https://www.chinesemotorcyclepartson...SAAEgI27_D_BwE

any help? I know a delaer that just uses that site for most things

Or street fighter it and buy a lamp that universally fits on the stantions