SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 22-10-21, 09:59 AM   #11
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Heat pump

a bit off topic but i would hazard a guess that the utility companies will be bringing in a tier pricing system pretty soon, the more you use the more you pay (it used to be the other way round) this will try and force people to cut down on usage. why do you think they want everyone on smart meters??? i can see in the very near future they will bring out change per day billing (due to the smart meters) so if you dont have money in your bank account you will get bank charges as well.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-21, 04:46 PM   #12
redtrummy

Funnily enough there is a mirror thread on my other active forum 'the Homebrew forum. No one has mentioned the content of Bibo's last post but I can see the logic and feasibility of implementing what he suggests. That would push up solar installations some what.
Government hold all the cards and can manipulate prices as they chose.
We are just pawns in the game.
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-21, 08:45 PM   #13
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrummy View Post
the Homebrew forum
i was a member of that at one point but i had to stop home brewing as i was turning into an alkie. turbo cider made with apple juice and malt is superb.....

i still have about 300 bottles and all the gear in the lockup. hmmm its lager brewing season..

always wanted to do all grain brewing but the person who was going to teach me died last year
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-21, 01:04 PM   #14
redtrummy

I only brew kits and they are very good now unlike the ones not that many years ago. It does need care to keep quantities drunk under control - I try to have three days a week beer free unless we are away in the van then out cycling. Must have in excess of 120 pints to go at, different beer types which I suppose is a good thing - shows I am brewing more than drinking!
Did an all grain prepared trial kit once, 8 pints took all day on and off - no thanks
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote