SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 23-10-21, 05:17 PM   #7981
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Still gutted that there aren't any fairs around here.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-21, 01:31 PM   #7982
Kenzie

I finally got round to cleaning the fungus from the 35-70mm zoom lens that you sent me Yoko. Took a little to figure out how to get into the lens, but I got there in the end. Luckily I had the scratched lens of the same type as I needed to move over the little colicky ball for the aperture ring.

Old 24-10-21, 05:24 PM   #7983
yokohama

I'm glad you got that sorted. Have you made a clean, working one now? It's a nicel ens.
I went to the camera fair today. Quite interesting and lots of temptation. I picked up a cheap film and an MD - M43 adapter. I took a few things to sell but not much luck. Stallholders seemed more keen on selling or buying higher end or exc+++ gear, Don't know if this was a wise idea or not but I swopped a surplus Nikon FM for an FG
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-21, 05:28 PM   #7984
Kenzie

Luckily the element cleaned up quite nicely, no etching or anything. I have a Nikon FG20 somewhere, a few more features than the FM, one of the bonuses being an auto mode. I have some third party Kiron lens on mine, is yours chrome or black? I'm surprised you didn't take the FM to WYC, they seem to pay good money for stuff.

Old 24-10-21, 07:52 PM   #7985
yokohama

It's a chrome FG. Something different to add to the queue.
I haven't been to WYC for a while, in fact I haven't been into Leeds or work for nigh on 20 months. (The dead SRT is still for sale in the outlet. I've got my eye on that. )
Oh, one thing today, a seller had a couple of pen f lenses. One was a 50-90 zoom; the other a prime but can't remember which.
Old 24-10-21, 08:28 PM   #7986
Kenzie

Probably had a decent price tag attached to it. I was thinking about that SRT as well, but tbh I'll probably be donating the SRT that I want the parts for anyway.

Old 25-10-21, 07:06 PM   #7987
Kenzie

Hey Howard, all day on the 24th November, WYC are offering 10% off and free delivery. One day only. Post below as per Facebook:

Lock up your wallets, ladies and gents! For this year’s annual sale we’re offering a 10% discount and free UK delivery

From midnight on the 24th of November until 23:59, we’re offering 10% off all used equipment - whether it’s 15p or £15,000 - there will be 10% off, and free UK delivery. You have a whole months’ warning to save up your pennies to snag your dream camera or lens at a great price!

We’re going to work our butts off to make sure every single thing in our shop is available for sale on that date, no holding back!

The discount begins STRICTLY on the 24th of November - anyone asking for the discount early will be met with swift and brutal sarcasm.

There’s no need for a code, the website will automatically work it’s magic on the online store or in the shop.

Old 25-10-21, 08:46 PM   #7988
yokohama

Oooh, thanks for that. I'll keep an eye out for that.
The Tessar is on its way too.
Old 27-10-21, 09:07 AM   #7989
Kenzie

Thanks Yoko, the lens arrived today. In my haste, I forgot to set the lens at infinity before removing the focus retaining ring, had to reset the focus, but all is good.

Old 27-10-21, 04:18 PM   #7990
yokohama

The Nikkor arrived too, thanks. It's not that ratty, I've seen worse. What's the problem with the focus? I had a quick look but it seemed OK to me.