SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-02-21, 01:56 PM   #11
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
getting the jab does not stop covid just like the flu jab. its not a cure.
I don't think anyone official has said its a cure. Just last night on the news I heard a government advisor stating that the Covid jab will most likely need topping up annually. So yes you are correct, but no one ever said otherwise.

Quote:
i think its 600million vaticinations ordered and 70million people in the UK.. how does that work..
Well for starters everyone needs two doses, so we need 140 million doses to get everyone immunised. Ordering 600 million doses does not mean we get them all at once and these could be taken over the next 2-3 years? Given we need 140 million doses a year, having 600 million on order seems like good forward planning.

However, it is no where near 600 million doses on order. Just one quick google shows this...

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-02-01/...more-than-400m

Quote:
you are all being conned. yes its a nasty flu (the flu is and if you have ever had it you would know its not a cold or sniffle) but its killing the same amount that would normally die anyway.
Now that is complete BS and is an insult to anyone who has lost a loved one to Covid. How can you even think that when the number of excess deaths clearly tracks the number of Covid-19 infections. Infection rate goes up, two weeks later the excess deaths increase proportionately. There is so much evidence for this from around the world I'm not even going to Google a rebuttal - just open your fecking eyes!

Quote:
i'll take my tin hat off now.
I think you really should and look at some facts.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 02:45 PM   #12
Bibio
Mega Poster

how can i get my facts right when everywhere you look there are more contradictions than the bible.

that was my whole point of the rant.

where are the flu statistics as they seem to be getting kept quiet. we can only go by the data we are given. how many people are dying that are being put down to covid that would have normally died anyway. can someone please find data that is older then 3 years of the UK national death rate and then compare it with this pandemic to see what the figures are over and above. there is a difference between confirmed cases and actual, most people who are getting covid dont seem to me that bothered so dont report it or go for a test so dont get included in the figures. which would put the cases/deaths statistics looking much better.

@ messie, no offence and you can delete my post if you like but you have had no contribution to this forum for a very long time so what gives you the right to be a moderator......

why has £35mil been spent on a test and trace app that does not even work. if it dont work then it should not be paid for its that simple..... or is it that the MD is and elite. jezuz a script kiddie could have done a better job for a bottle of pop and some crisps. £35mil is a new hospital or two or 20 schools or 100 drop in centres, you get the drift. why is the public not up in arms about this.. how much do you think it cost to develop something like ermm tinder or a dating app that could have been repurposed and done a better job.

am i going to be branded as a social outcast if i dont take the covid jabs..........
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 03:17 PM   #13
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
why has £35mil been spent on a test and trace app that does not even work. if it dont work then it should not be paid for its that simple..... or is it that the MD is and elite.
whilst I disagree with most of your covid related comments, this one gets to me and I've written several emails to my useless MP.

T&T was managed originally by Public Health England. John Penrose who is (don't laugh) in charge of anti corruption and NHS improvement, he wanted T&T pulled away from PHE and got his way. He wanted someone independent running it, so he proposed Baroness Dido Harding, who happens to be his wife.

She was in charge of TalkTalk when they had the massive data breach and has proved her incompetence a few times since.

The price tag on test and trace is now £22 billion
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-h...-idUKKBN2832FL
Old 21-02-21, 04:05 PM   #14
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

[QUOTE=Bibio;3125488]how can i get my facts right when everywhere you look there are more contradictions than the bible.

@ messie, no offence and you can delete my post if you like but you have had no contribution to this forum for a very long time so what gives you the right to be a moderator......

None taken! That's another reason why I didn't delete your post. I just contributed my opinion as anyone who reads this forum and is a member can. All the best x
Old 21-02-21, 04:32 PM   #15
embee
Mega Poster

Quote:
.....where are the flu statistics as they seem to be getting kept quiet. we can only go by the data we are given...
They are published weekly if you want to see them. I suspect what you mean is that you are not being spoon fed the stats.
https://assets.publishing.service.go..._report_w7.pdf

Someone from NHS said the other week that essentially there has been no flu season this winter because the measures taken to reduce coronavirus transmission have effectively stopped all flu transmission.

Last edited by embee; 21-02-21 at 04:33 PM.
embee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 04:49 PM   #16
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
They are published weekly if you want to see them. I suspect what you mean is that you are not being spoon fed the stats.
https://assets.publishing.service.go..._report_w7.pdf

Someone from NHS said the other week that essentially there has been no flu season this winter because the measures taken to reduce coronavirus transmission have effectively stopped all flu transmission.
Or Flu is being diagnosed as Covid . . . .

I'm waiting until after Winter/Flu season has passed and then will review the statistics for Flu cases & deaths for 2020/2021 vs the prev 5 years. It will give a good indication of what has been potentially mis-represented.
Currently deaths of Covid are not clearly being distinguished where it is;
Due to Covid
Or simply they tested positive for it within X days of passing

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 04:53 PM   #17
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
I've heard similar said about norovirus too. I think we had all forgotten about how effective being clean is at keeping diseases at bay.

Old 23-02-21, 07:00 AM   #18
Bri w

We get to meet up with friends today as the local lockdown is lifted. Bars, restaurants and sports facilities open - max 4 people together. Municipal boundaries still closed for travelling but that will be reviewed on Thursday after yesterday's figures dropped to the required number to open up the towns within the region for travel. Still no travel beyond that to other regions.

With 30 years experience of working with and for the NHS, before retiring, I could give some harrowing facts about Covid and its impact but this is the happy, smiley thread.

To conclude, today we get to meet up with friends.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-21, 11:09 PM   #19
svenrico

The vaccine takes about 2 weeks to take effect (that is what they told me when I had my jab) so some people might catch Covid after they have been vaccinated.
What do some people need to be convinced of the seriousness of this virus ?! Everybody should have the vaccine (unless there is some medical reason for not having it ) as well as observing the hands, space, face precautions.
How else is this bloody thing going to be brought under some control and save us from going in and out of lockdowns. (as well as saving lives of course )
ps All in my opinion of course.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-21, 08:09 AM   #20
Luckypants
Mega Poster

I have been called to get my vaccine, so I'll be jabbed a week today.