SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-03-08, 05:28 PM   #1
flymo
Mega Poster

Default Ebay kit to avoid - levers

Hi there,

another bad experience with an ebay seller, this time potentially dangerous. Beware!

I bought a set of levers for my K3 SV from 'ukgpshop'. The item was http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-Katana-...742.m153.l1262

they are sold as 'high quality levers', far from it!

I literally brushed past my bike and knocked the brake lever in teh wrong direction with my hip and the lever assembly fell to bits. take a look at the fracture on the lever;

IMG_2543.JPG

The lever hadnt even been used yet, good job this wasnt at full chat down the avenue at Oulton Park.

Steer clear!
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 07:06 PM   #2
Lozzo

Default Re: Ebay kit to avoid - levers

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymo_racer View Post
Hi there,

another bad experience with an ebay seller, this time potentially dangerous. Beware!

I bought a set of levers for my K3 SV from 'ukgpshop'. The item was http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-Katana-...742.m153.l1262

they are sold as 'high quality levers', far from it!

I literally brushed past my bike and knocked the brake lever in teh wrong direction with my hip and the lever assembly fell to bits. take a look at the fracture on the lever;

The lever hadnt even been used yet, good job this wasnt at full chat down the avenue at Oulton Park.

Steer clear!
I bought identical ones to those a couple of weeks ago advertised as polished alloy, and I wasn't happy with them at all because I didn't want the chrome ones they sent. I ended up buying another clutch lever to replace the one my mate borrrowed, rather than fit the chrome ones. I reckon I'll lob the ones I have in the bin, I'm not chancing a failure when it comes to brakes.

My ebay seller was Killerkawasaki. Avoid at all costs because they expect you to pay postage on returns, which are to USA not Edinburgh like his description says - he won't refund the original P+P either. Blatant rip-off merchants who I reported to ebay for shonky practice.
Old 01-03-08, 08:18 PM   #3
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
I bought identical ones to those a couple of weeks ago advertised as polished alloy, and I wasn't happy with them at all because I didn't want the chrome ones they sent. I ended up buying another clutch lever to replace the one my mate borrrowed, rather than fit the chrome ones. I reckon I'll lob the ones I have in the bin, I'm not chancing a failure when it comes to brakes.

My ebay seller was Killerkawasaki. Avoid at all costs because they expect you to pay postage on returns, which are to USA not Edinburgh like his description says - he won't refund the original P+P either. Blatant rip-off merchants who I reported to ebay for shonky practice.
yeah, I think of all the things I wouldnt want to fail, the front brake lever would be right up there. I bought another set from my local dealers so I could touch and feel before I handed over the cash, 100 times better.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 09:24 PM   #4
northwind
Mega Poster

I had another, different pattern lever on mine at one point and it was similiarly useless, very poor aluminium casting.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote