SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 18-01-08, 04:40 PM   #11
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Default Re: Wirral Egg Run 16th March

Probably be there, knee permitting.

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-08, 07:41 PM   #12
Girth
Mega Poster

as i said in t'other thread,

went last year, going this year but with an other group be will try and get them to merge with the might ORG if thats ok?
Old 19-01-08, 11:31 AM   #13
glsuk1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Look at your avatar dear boy, those in glass houses.....
LOL!

I'll be there, hopefully with a freshly dealer-serviced bike equipped with a new Fuel zorst and new rubber, too
Old 19-01-08, 07:37 PM   #14
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Default Re: Wirral Egg Run 16th March - Thread to Arrange Ride in / Out to Meeting point

me me me

i fancy that
Old 20-01-08, 10:06 AM   #15
Pedro68

Default Re: Wirral Egg Run 16th March - Thread to Arrange Ride in / Out to Meeting point

My suggestion is this:

Meeting point close to New Brighton (about 1.5 - 2 miles away) is Tesco car park, Bidston. We can fuel up there too.

Meeting point further away for anyone wanting a little bimble up the Wirral ... The Little Stanney pub car park (or if we have greater numbers, probably best off at Cheshire Oaks car park by Borders Books). It's central for just about most coming from Wales, Staffordshire way, and south Liverpool, Warrington, Manchester, etc.

My plan is to ride down to The Little Stanney and meet folks down there, and then take the scenic route back, most of which would actually be the egg run route but in reverse (almost).

Head back along A5117 towards Wales and turn right up Parkgate Road, through Neston, Thurstaston, West Kirby, Hoylake, Meols, Moreton, and arrive at Tesco car park to meet up with others and re-fuel.

I'll post a route up if that's what people want to do.

Also, depending how many replies we get to people wanting to meet up, may change start point to Cheshire Oaks car park.
Old 20-01-08, 10:16 AM   #16
Girth
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro68 View Post
My suggestion is this:

most of which would actually be the egg run route but in reverse (almost).

Won't the roads be closed?
Old 20-01-08, 10:52 AM   #17
Pedro68

not that I know of girth ... I've lived in and around part of the egg run route for many a year now and I don't ever remember them closing any (except for perhaps New Brighton start point) of the roads off at all ... It's always appeared to be a "if you go out on the egg run route, then you take your chance".

i've not done that stretch of the run myself before, so i will e-mail the organizers of the egg run and find out tho (unless someone else knows for sure?)
Old 20-01-08, 11:29 AM   #18
Speedy Claire

Am just forward thinking here and the egg run starts at 11am.... I`m assuming we`re gonna have to be there, say for 10.45 at the latest?? how long would your proposed route take Pete?? Just thinkin that if some folk ie. Mike and Quiff are coming from further afield what time would they have to be up to get there in time bearing in mind we`re probs gonna have to meet at Tesco`s in Bidston for around 10 ish to re fuel an say hi to everyone.

What about planning a ride for after the event stopping somewhere for food?
Old 20-01-08, 12:37 PM   #19
Pedro68

Claire you may be right ... my route would take approximately 30 mins. So folk would have to be at Little Stanney pub for no later than say 09:30 so that we could get to Tesco for 10am. It would only take me about half an hour to get down there, so I don't mind starting out before 9am to give me time to get down there and wait around for folks. I don't know who's planning on going, but from Quiff's neck o the woods I'd expect the journey to take just over an hour to get to New Brighton anyway, so they'd have to be looking to leave anytime between say 8 and 9am. A rideout with grub afterwards might be better (less time constrained). See what folks think/post
Old 20-01-08, 12:57 PM   #20
Speedy Claire

ok... thought it might`ve taken longer than that, no probs see what the further afield riders wanna do. I`m ok, will only take me 15 mins to get there