SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-06-08, 11:46 AM   #1
John 675

Exclamation SHE's COME HOME! (I've got my bike back).

For any of you that remember about my broken SV being sent away to salvage after i canceled my claim.. i have battled EVERY single day.. i even got a warning from work because i was spending too much time on it.. etc etc.. but i spent every single waking moment trying to get my bike back... and today she came home.. looking like a complete peice of crap! ten times worse than when it went.. , it no longer has the exhaust silencer or levers for that matter but its come home!

im now in the process of stripping it and turning it into a Vicious track machine.. as i have my 675 now and dont need another road bike! i already have waiting a complete GSXR front end mod and a WP shock to name a few. i will take pictures when i get home but i can promise that when this bike is complete.. you will all be Amazed!

pics to follow!
Old 06-06-08, 11:47 AM   #2
muffles

Default Re: SHE's COME HOME! ! ! !

Congrats, I was reading on GJ's recently and saw a thread of yours about this. What are you going to do about the missing bits? There's gotta be some more compensation for you if they haven't returned it as it was from the accident?
Old 06-06-08, 11:52 AM   #3
John 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles View Post
Congrats, I was reading on GJ's recently and saw a thread of yours about this. What are you going to do about the missing bits? There's gotta be some more compensation for you if they haven't returned it as it was from the accident?
im going to give them a call and make sure that i get that all back too.. or at least cash for it.. im just glad to have it back really.. the parts that are gone were broken anyway so.. meh. im not too fussed.
Old 06-06-08, 02:09 PM   #4
ThEGr33k

Pics?
Old 06-06-08, 03:22 PM   #5
G
Mega Poster

Result on getting the bike back I would have felt robbed and violated if they had given me the run around like that.

Surely you would rather spend abit of money on the daytona and track that, seen as its what its built for seems like false economy to me.
Old 06-06-08, 04:20 PM   #6
cmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post

Surely you would rather spend abit of money on the daytona and track that, seen as its what its built for seems like false economy to me.
Completely agree! Given the choice between an SV track bike or a 675 track bike I'd choose the latter everytime! I'm giving serious consideration to converting my 675 into a track bike and getting a more sedate road bike.
Old 06-06-08, 06:02 PM   #7
John 675

yes but would you go and spend 6k on a track bike? or a grand on a battered now unregistered bike.. that has been declaired a complete write off??
my 675 is my dream bike.. ive wanted one since the beginning.. i might do a few track days on it.. but other than that its my road bike.

my SV is battered. it wont take much to fix it and track it.. and it doesnt matter if i sling it down the road.. because its costs next to nothing to repair.. unlike the 675
Old 06-06-08, 06:06 PM   #8
Rich
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylej View Post
yes but would you go and spend 6k on a track bike? or a grand on a battered now unregistered bike.. that has been declaired a complete write off??
my 675 is my dream bike.. ive wanted one since the beginning.. i might do a few track days on it.. but other than that its my road bike.

my SV is battered. it wont take much to fix it and track it.. and it doesnt matter if i sling it down the road.. because its costs next to nothing to repair.. unlike the 675
Agreed, the 675 might be a great track bike but i wouldn't want to go chucking one down the track, especially you dream bike. The SV will make a great track bike all the same and won't cost near as much. Good idea to track the SV
Old 06-06-08, 06:39 PM   #9
ThEGr33k

Good plan with tracking the SV tbh. Plenty of spares etc.

Big bore it as well for a laugh?

So whats the 675 like now you have had a chance to cain it etc?
Old 06-06-08, 07:05 PM   #10
John 675

it goes like S*** off of a shoval and handels so correct its unreal.. it holds a perfect line even cranked right over and on the Gas! the brakes suspension everything allows you to concentrate more on your riding as appose to battling with the bike. you can sit in 6th at 40 and roll on to 140 in 13 seconds.. thats faster than any other SS 600 top end isnt stupidly amazing at 168 indicated.. but it gets there bloody fast and the rear sprocket is huge.. definatly lean over the front if your dragging against anything as it will come up!! its an amazing bike with amazing feel and finish.. and just inspires you to massively up your ability to use it to its full potential!