SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-06-08, 12:19 PM   #1
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Default AAAAAAARGH 'king Insurance comanies

In all fairness everything went through nice and quickly except that they say I have a £500 xs and the only mention my paperwork has for xs is to 'refer to section 1 of the insurance booklet'. Section 1 says that I fall in the over 25 and held license for over 12 months therefore £100 xs

And people can say to me 'well you have it in writing there so that's binding' but it's doing my head in. This issue been with the brokers for a week and a half and no updates.

Finally rang the insurance company who confirmed the xs IS £500 for accidental damage but again the paperwork does not state this and they never told me on the phone either or I wouldn't have agreed to it..

I don't want to send the documents to the insurance (V5 ect..) just to get the cheque quick because this may hinder me getting that magical missing £400 <--- That money could fix the cat for the missus

I'm well interested in this Blackbird but can't do anything until I get a cheque through.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGH..

Weeks to go until the AR, I have a wedding the weekend before the AR and I also have to get up to north wales to give it a good test ride on a weekend to see if I get on with it..

I WANT A BIKE..

I have the Thundercat apart but that's going to cost a few hundred to fix the scored cylinder, one new piston, full set of piston rings, gaskets and fluids again, I need the money from the insurance to fix that for the missus (or me )...

Sorry.. Rant over! It's good to vent the old spleen now and then.

Thanks for tuning into radio Stretch

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-08, 12:32 PM   #2
mrsgid

Default Re: AAAAAAARGH 'king Insurance comanies

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stretchie_ View Post
In all fairness everything went through nice and quickly except that they say I have a £500 xs and the only mention my paperwork has for xs is to 'refer to section 1 of the insurance booklet'. Section 1 says that I fall in the over 25 and held license for over 12 months therefore £100 xs

And people can say to me 'well you have it in writing there so that's binding' but it's doing my head in. This issue been with the brokers for a week and a half and no updates.

Finally rang the insurance company who confirmed the xs IS £500 for accidental damage but again the paperwork does not state this and they never told me on the phone either or I wouldn't have agreed to it..

I don't want to send the documents to the insurance (V5 ect..) just to get the cheque quick because this may hinder me getting that magical missing £400 <--- That money could fix the cat for the missus

I'm well interested in this Blackbird but can't do anything until I get a cheque through.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGH..

Weeks to go until the AR, I have a wedding the weekend before the AR and I also have to get up to north wales to give it a good test ride on a weekend to see if I get on with it..

I WANT A BIKE..

I have the Thundercat apart but that's going to cost a few hundred to fix the scored cylinder, one new piston, full set of piston rings, gaskets and fluids again, I need the money from the insurance to fix that for the missus (or me )...

Sorry.. Rant over! It's good to vent the old spleen now and then.

Thanks for tuning into radio Stretch
good afternoon stretchie sorry to hear no bike yet hope you will have on fo the AR gid says hi but he is at work so i am saying it for him. LOL