SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 16-03-10, 11:24 AM   #11
philbut

Default Re: Reductions in speed limits around Oxfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogden View Post
Roundabouts on the B4011, near the A41?

I don't think so.
Oh yeah, sorry I was thinking of the other end of the ride I usually do. The two roundabouts were the ones on the A418 / A329 where you can go past Little Milton, Stadhampton etc.
Old 16-03-10, 12:54 PM   #12
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
The B4494 is very bad news indeed. Guess you just need to do a sighting run first.
I'm surprised that road hasn't been restricted before. It's a well known play road and one of my favourites. But it is a dangerous road. With constantly changing road conditions because of farm traffic and cars cutting corners throwing gravel into the road on bends. It used to be my favourite road and one I would ride quite a bit. I always took the trip from Newbury to Wantage as the sighting run and then have a good pace on the way back in.

It's claimed quite a few lives too. Both motorcyclists and cage drivers.
Old 16-03-10, 05:48 PM   #13
Warthog

I don't pay attention to speed limits anyway, and won't do unless they make them reasonable.
Old 17-03-10, 11:53 AM   #14
walkaboutandy

I suppose its cheaper to lower the limits to make the roads safe then surfacing them properly.

I've had a few "moments" due to being caught out by poor roads that I have paid to maintain in road tax, so if I end up having a major off I'm going to take them all to the fecking cleaners!
Old 17-03-10, 02:54 PM   #15
Warthog

The roads are a disgrace at the moment, but to be fair, if I was the council in chrage of repairing them, I'd be waiting until we had guaranteed no more cold snap or else they will all just pop open again!