SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-01-06, 11:44 AM   #1
MrMessy

Default Clutch Cable Snapped:

Got bike out this morning to go to work. Got to the end of the street and clutch cable snapped Mate saw me and flashed his lights and carried on Later realised i do not normally stop where I was. Pushed it partly back up street but you do not realise how steep some things are until you have to push a bike up them Left it at my mates house till I get back home tonight. Road too damp to bump off and you cannot start modern bikes without the clutch pulled in Clutch was funny the other day, checked it and the 2 bolts that hold the mechanism near the sprocket where loose so tightened them up and adjusted cable. Should have realised then that I had to use up a lot of the adjustment. I think some of the problem is the angle of the cable with the LSL high bar conversion.
MrMessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-06, 07:53 PM   #2
Stig

Just for your information, you can start a bike whilst it's in gear. You just need to short the switch on the switch gear under the clutch lever.

Pull the plug off the connector, insert a small piece of wire so that it bridges the two slots on the male end of the connector and then plug it back in.

You will now be able to start the bike whilst it's in gear.
Old 16-01-06, 09:18 AM   #3
MrMessy

Default Clutch

Yes, thanks. I did not have time to mess about with it, had to get to work. We pushed it home last night, safer than banging it into gear with no clutch.
MrMessy is offline   Reply With Quote