SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-02-17, 09:59 PM   #1
Ian P

Default Rip ce09uhp

As per the title its good buy to my trusty SV650S K9. I have owned her from new and put every recorded mile on her. every time i pressed the starter button she fired up first time. Every day i was in work i rode her, 12 months of the year.
To be honest i didn't chose the bike ,my wife did as we were going to share it and as she is 5 ft 4 the bike was spot on height wise for her. To cut a long story short the bike proved to be too much for her so i had sole use of it and boy did it grow on me. Riding to work from Abergavenny to Brecon every day was a blast.
Any way got knocked off on my way home the other week, no one was hurt so all was good, but even panel of my bike was either scratched or cracked.The insurance company wrote her off and i was left with the choice of taking the money or buying her back as a cat C write off and putting her back on the road.
After much deliberation i took the money and bought a Street Triple R. I now look forward to riding her ( once she comes out of the garage as there is a hole in the radiator already).
Really enjoyed my time with the SV, not the best riding position, suspension, brakes needed frequent servicing, budget parts. But easy to ride, very forgiving, easy to work on, love the sound of that v twin, engine breaking and brought a smile to my face every time i rode her.
Enjoy your SV.
Old 20-02-17, 07:06 AM   #2
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Rip ce09uhp

maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-17, 06:09 PM   #3
Toooldtodie

Same happened to me 4 years ago nearly. Got it back for £350 though Cat C and balance of value in cash. Had new tyres and end can fitted weeks previously so you can see the obvious choice there. £200 worth of "bits that stick out" replacement and good as it was. Now that's value biking!!
I still love my SV and it does exactly what I need it to. The spannering has made me confident to tackle many things I would not have considered in the past and these days have no "spare" bits left over!
Hope the Striple gives you as much enjoyment or even more.
Old 04-03-17, 11:01 PM   #4
Mega Poster

I was thinking someone with a weird username had been killed!
Old 04-03-17, 11:13 PM   #5
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Me too