SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-10-20, 11:00 AM   #8641
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

I hate to tell you DD but you've still got years of this to go. The Monkey is 23 and her friends fall in and out with each other all the time just like they're still in the playground...
Old 24-10-20, 11:03 AM   #8642
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Girls are particularly good at mental cruelty. There's usually some dominant female trying to make herself look clever at someone elses expense.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 24-10-20, 11:38 AM   #8643
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

We're going through this too. Strereotypical 3 blonde girls mentally bullying anyone who is different. My daughter also cut off her hair for charity to try and help Grandma (My Mum) shortly before we lost her last year. Makes it even more of a painful situation for her. I can't wait to watch Heathers (the original film, not the remake) with her when she's old enough.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-20, 11:48 AM   #8644
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Trev- this is 3rd time for us (I’m well outnumbered by the girls)

John- with the eldest it was bad, she was youngest in her college course at just 15 and there were women in their late twenties acting like primary school kids. Getting their friends involved in it as well

Adam- hats off to your girl for the whole hair thing.
Old 24-10-20, 09:02 PM   #8645
Chris_SVS

Working in retail - fella not wearing a mask was a bit of a **** to one of the shop staff. He didn't get in
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 11:21 AM   #8646
Kenzie

We get people coming in and either forgetting and turning back to get a mask or others put it on halfway into the shop. Others have it in their hand but have to be asked to put it on.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 11:57 AM   #8647
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
Kids- predominantly girls, why are they so horrible to each other?

So Libby has fairly short hair and often gets mistaken for a boy (that doesn't bother her) but a couple of months ago she decided that she was going to grow her hair long so she could then get it cut and donate it to the little princess trust.

But today on the bus home from school another girl went up to her and asked if she was a boy or girl, despite the fact she was wearing a skirt. The girl the said loudly to her friend "omg, it's a girl, doesn't it know girls should have long hair?"

Result is she now wants to get her hair cut short again so that this girl doesn't think she's growing her hair because of what she said
Boys may be more physical, but girls are more psychological in their bullying, my wife admitted this, she once said she never wanted to work for a female boss ever again, blokes much more fair and reasonable.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 02:32 PM   #8648
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
We get people coming in and either forgetting and turning back to get a mask or others put it on halfway into the shop. Others have it in their hand but have to be asked to put it on.

We get people who duck under a barrier through the door, past hazard tape markings and right up to our faces at a counter 10 feet away from where they're supposed to have stopped, once they've been invited in. Our shop is also our workshop space, so we have three of us in a limited amount of space already.

I did get asked to put a mask on in a bakery today when I was wearing my bike helmet. The counter also had a solid perspex barrier all the way across it and the guy standing well back from it also had a mask on. Not quite sure how he expected me to put a mask on inside my helmet or what good it would do, with three barriers already between us (my visor, perspex screen and his mask) and only one person (me) allowed in the shop at a time. The card machine contactless then failed so I had to touch the machine, twice as it failed again even with a PIN. He then asked me to pay cash. I didn't have any. I'd say the card machine and cash problems would be more of a potential source of spreading than not wearing a mask inside a helmet. There's some situations where common sense seems to be going out of the window.

Last edited by Adam Ef; 25-10-20 at 02:34 PM.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 02:35 PM   #8649
DJ123
Mega Poster

Bad Dog owners; ones who let their Dog off the lead, when it is quite clear they have Zero voice control over the Dog. Train the thing up before taking it into a public area with other Dogs, People and distractions and letting it off the lead.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 02:38 PM   #8650
Kenzie

I get the whole "oh, do I have to wear a mask?" I mean come on, it's been law since June ffs...
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote