SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 28-10-07, 07:33 PM   #1
trickywoos

Default Glasgow Assistance!

Evening All!

I'm wondering up to your fine neck of the woods on Tuesday, to Glasgow to be exact.

Is there anyone on here from Glasgow? Can you recommend me a decent Thai restaurant for a work dinner? And then can you also recommend me somewhere to go on Wed night as well, as I will be up there on my own that night!!

Thanks hugely in advance!! (Oh I'm staying in William St, so somewhere near there on the Wed night would be grand!!)
Old 28-10-07, 10:09 PM   #2
kitkat

Default Re: Glasgow Assistance!

bring your winter woolies and an umberella. from outside glasgow but dont know glasgow at all. sorry. im sure some helpful weegy will be along shortly

http://www.glasgowguide.co.uk/food_thai.html

Last edited by kitkat; 28-10-07 at 10:13 PM.
Old 28-10-07, 10:31 PM   #3
Tiger 55

Hello there, helpful weegees R us here!

The Thai Fountain is the finest Thai restaurant north of Paris (and priced accordingly). If your company is the sort that puts its employees up in The Hilton then look no further.

The Thai Orchid is a little more modest but still good enough for the average biker or client. Both addresses as per Yell.

As for going out on Wednesday, hop a cab to Ashton Lane in the west end where there's a great mixture of bars and restaurants in the lane itself and a great many more within walking distance. Hillhead subway stop if you're feeling more adventurous...

Great city, enjoy!
Old 29-10-07, 12:30 AM   #4
independentphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger 55 View Post

The Thai Fountain is the finest Thai restaurant north of Paris (and priced accordingly). If your company is the sort that puts its employees up in The Hilton then look no further.

As for going out on Wednesday, hop a cab to Ashton Lane in the west end where there's a great mixture of bars and restaurants in the lane itself and a great many more within walking distance. Hillhead subway stop if you're feeling more adventurous...

Great city, enjoy!
Yep- Thai Fountain has got the reputation and it's only just up the road from you. Petty that Cafe India burnt down - that'd have been good for Wednesday dinner.

There's all sorts you could do / places to go and they're all in staggering range. If you fancy cocktails and Japanese/ East-West fusion cooking, try Bar Soba in Mitchell Lane (Sorry it's NOT near the Mitchell Library across from the hotel). Like I saw, there is all sorts out there and I don't think you can go wrong wherever you go. If it doesn't suit you - take a look next door.

Enjoy the "Dear Green Place"

Garry
Old 29-10-07, 10:09 AM   #5
Johnny_BoomBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger 55 View Post

The Thai Orchid is a little more modest but still good enough for the average biker or client. Both addresses as per Yell.

Great city, enjoy!

Seconded on all counts - 'tis a cunning plan!!!
Old 29-10-07, 12:44 PM   #6
trickywoos

Huge thanks for your help guys! Wish I had more time to stop and meet a few peeps!

Will be back!!!
Old 29-10-07, 03:47 PM   #7
Tiger 55

No worries mate.

Sure you can't extend the trip by a couple of days and come to the karting? Mmmm, karting...
Old 29-10-07, 05:57 PM   #8
trickywoos

That would be fab, but I'm off to Bolton on Thursday....... The UK tour continues!!!
Old 01-11-07, 10:17 AM   #9
trickywoos

Big thanks on the recommendations guys! The Thai was superb- had a couple of top nights! Hopefully see you the next time that I am up here!!!
Old 01-11-07, 03:27 PM   #10
kitkat

glad you had a good time. longer visit next time maybe