SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 06-11-07, 10:39 AM   #1
Tiger 55

Default Scotspeed in Dumfries - any opinions?

Anybody got any experiences of Scotspeed? Anybody? A search reveals no matches. None. Nada.

Bought a bike? Had a service? Popped in for coffee to get out of the rain?

Bueller? Bueller?
Old 06-11-07, 08:34 PM   #2
haggis

Default Re: Scotspeed in Dumfries - any opinions?

I was in for a lookey round a couple of years ago. Friendly bunch.

Had some nice 2nd hand bikes, good selection of spares and clothing etc. in stock.

Other than that, I couldn't say. It wasn't raining so i didn't get to taste the coffee!
Old 07-11-07, 08:00 AM   #3
shonadoll

Here's their website http://www.scotspeed.co.uk/home.htm
Old 07-11-07, 09:30 AM   #4
JamesMio
Mega Poster

Gotta be honest, they've got a VERY mixed following down here, some love them, others (most of the people I've spoken to at least) can't stand them and prefer to go to Carlisle / Glasgow instead.

Personally whenever I've been there they've been either shut (as in, at 4pm on a Saturday afternoon!?) or I've been ignored - so I went to Carlisle & bought all my gear from Hein Gericke (who have been brilliant with me so far) instead.

I'm all for supporting local / small businesses where & whenever I can, but the difference in service between what I've experience at ScotSpeed and HG was chalk & cheese, and (Duncan Bannatyne voice ON), 'fur tha' reason un tha' reason only... I'll not be back'

Creatomatic
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-07, 11:20 AM   #5
shonadoll

Basically my OH phoned Cupar to order my new SV yesterday afternoon, after being told they'd do it for £4,000. Nope, the price was now £4,200, take it or leave it, and they were less than helpful. I was surprised cos we had fab service from Perth branch, but hey ho.

Anyway, he phoned around and the best price was Scotspeed, £4000 including fitting and supplying the scottoiler and the restrictor which I need. They also phoned back twice regarding choosing a regi number (which is similar to my name, the woman picked it out cos she noticed!) and a couple of other questions. So, they have been helpful so far, long may it continue.
Old 08-11-07, 10:59 PM   #6
SVTONYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonadoll View Post
Basically my OH phoned Cupar to order my new SV yesterday afternoon, after being told they'd do it for £4,000. Nope, the price was now £4,200, take it or leave it, and they were less than helpful. I was surprised cos we had fab service from Perth branch, but hey ho.

Anyway, he phoned around and the best price was Scotspeed, £4000 including fitting and supplying the scottoiler and the restrictor which I need. They also phoned back twice regarding choosing a regi number (which is similar to my name, the woman picked it out cos she noticed!) and a couple of other questions. So, they have been helpful so far, long may it continue.
nothing to do with Scotspeed but thought I would add

my workmate bought an K7 GSXR 750 at the summer he was quoted £8000 from Mickey Oates, £7500 from Cupar and £7000 from Taz with scottoiler fitted.

Needless to say supporting local business went out the window and he enjoyed running it in coming home from Taz.
Old 03-03-09, 09:47 AM   #7
JamesMio
Mega Poster

Sorry to resserect this old thread, but thought it's maybe worth mentioning that Scotspeed have been taken over by new management and the place has been dragged up an awful lot in the past few months.

The atmosphere is much, much better and there's a more friendly air to the place than before.

Creatomatic
Old 03-03-09, 08:10 PM   #8
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger 55 View Post
Anybody got any experiences of Scotspeed? Anybody? A search reveals no matches. None. Nada.

Bought a bike? Had a service? Popped in for coffee to get out of the rain?

Bueller? Bueller?

Scotspeed is RUBBISH now!! New owners - nothing in it.....
Old 04-03-09, 11:14 AM   #9
JamesMio
Mega Poster

You think? I really didn't like the old place, mostly full of cheapo tat I thought.

At least now they're trying to bring in some half decent stuff, e.g. Shoei lids, Givi Luggage, and (awaits the flaming) BKS Leathers are due in shortly too.

Certainly better that the old days when it was Akito or 'generic branded' stuff.

My mates just got a stonking deal on a V-Strom 1000 from there yesterday, so it seems like they're at least trying.

Creatomatic
Old 04-03-09, 12:37 PM   #10
Milky Bar Kid

Maybe they are just gonna take a while to get on their feet but I wasnae impressed and niether was ma uncle. Hardly had any gear in at all! Fair enough they had bike but no gear