SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Ancillaries Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on various other bits and bobs, such as rearsets, oil, engine bits.

Old 07-07-16, 08:09 PM   #1
F2 man

Default Kreiga US10 Tailpack

Thinking of getting one of these. Anyone use one on an SV65o . Any problems fitting straps under the seat ?
Old 07-07-16, 09:14 PM   #2
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country
Default Re: Kreiga US10 Tailpack

A lot of us swear by their products

There is no issues with the straps under the seat. Just have some anti slip tool mat on the seat.

Is it a curvy or pointy? I do have a one off pointy kriega rack for sale

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-16, 09:23 PM   #3
Red ones
Mega Poster

I use the US5. It's just the right size for an A5 pad, mobile phone and mini iPad. Waterproof. No, really it is waterproof!

I think I linked the straps together under the seat. IIRC you have 4 straps, but I threaded then so that I made 2 pairs that just loop under the seat. No need to fix the straps to anything.

If that doesn't make sense I'm happy to photograph it for you tomorrow. Once the bag is fitted and tightened it ain't going nowhere.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-16, 10:29 PM   #4
tom_e

I've got a US10, 20 and 30 all work fine on the SV. I've had a US70 setup on there as well so one 30 with a 20 strapped on each side again no issues.

I've got the front straps looped round the subframe and the rear straps looped round the bracket that the tab on the seat goes into by the grab rail they poke out from under the seat perfectly when needed.
I also have a set of rear straps set up like Red Ones so just looped together that pass under the seat for when I'm carrying a lighter weight.

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Last edited by tom_e; 08-07-16 at 08:04 AM.
tom_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-16, 08:09 AM   #5
Red ones
Mega Poster

Looped like this

Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-16, 04:14 PM   #6
Bibio
Mega Poster

i have used a US10 as a tail pack for about 5 years. inside compartment is waterproof but the pocket is not. i cut the straps in half then bolted them to the fixing points of the seat/grabrail. use a hot soldering iron to make the bolt holes on the strap ends or else they fray. once the straps are bolted to the subframe you get a very very secure fixing and at the end of the day you just unclip the pack and tuck the straps under the seat. the tailpack moves about and to stop this you need to use a non slip surface under it as the one that is stitched to the bottom is shizz.

if you make the straps long enough you can put a rollpack under the US10 and strap it down using the US10 to secure it.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-16, 07:01 PM   #7
F2 man

Thanks for all the feedback guys much appreciated.