SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-05-17, 03:55 PM   #4531
ophic
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

I'm sure there's a few. Didn't think of those. Thought it might be foxes - just cos they thought it was funny. They run around the garden and scream all night anyway, which winds up the dogs. Worse than teenagers...
Old 30-05-17, 04:41 PM   #4532
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

I'm stuck st home with the lurgy today and had a staring contest with a fox that was sauntering down my garden path, saw me through the patio window and stopped. Lasted about 30 seconds before it got bored and wandered off again.
Old 02-06-17, 03:41 AM   #4533
BanannaMan

Seeing what was once the worlds greatest nation turn it's back on it's allies and isolate itself for the sake of corporate greed.

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-17, 05:37 AM   #4534
Red ones
Mega Poster

I'm surprised so many are surprised that Trump is a man of corporate greed. What I find amusing though is that he has always said that his value is in his brand - I don't see that growing much any time soon.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-17, 06:41 AM   #4535
garynortheast
Mega Poster

My sympathies are with you Bill, from an island that seems bent on the same course. My gripe would be the same as yours. Look at the Naylor report for a clue to the direction we seem to be heading.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-17, 10:42 AM   #4536
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Took a day off work to take my nephew on his birthday treat of a Bird of prey experience. They cancelled at 9am because of thunderstorms being forecast.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-17, 12:42 PM   #4537
Red ones
Mega Poster

Had a sobering and dreadful commute to work this morning. 90 minutes stopped on the motorway looking at the air ambulance, police, highways, collision investigation etc. Sadly the guy on the bike didn't make it through to the helicopter for a trip to the hospital. In the traffic behind me were bikers in jeans and hoodies filming on phones. Respect for the for those in the accident would have been appropriate, rather than the sadly usual gawking and social media film clipping. It would also be an appropriate time to reflect on your on protective clothing.
Old 02-06-17, 03:12 PM   #4538
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanannaMan View Post
Seeing what was once the worlds greatest nation turn it's back on it's allies and isolate itself for the sake of corporate greed.
Its hard for the leader of a country to explain to its citizens that although the country is as green as can be and has low CO2 why they haven't got a job - Europe is green but its industries are stagnant and unemployment high. The high price of 'green energy' in UK made our industries un-competitive while China was building a new coal fired power station every week, and even Germany was building new coal fired stations - the moral high ground is a very uncomfortable place when you ain't got a job.

Overpopulation is gonna kill the planet long before CO2 does, but I don't see any countries signing agreements to limit population - you can tax carbon, but no leader has the balls to tax kids, if China has not had the foresight to cut population growth way back in the 1960's (the thing a democracy would have a hard time doing) we would have all been in deep sh!t now.

It is overpopulation that is killing tigers and elephants and destroying rainforest, it is humans that are causing overgrazing and moving Sahara southwards at an alarming rate - governments trying to blame global warming when the elephant in the room (but not for much longer, they will soon be extinct) is too many people using too much resource.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 03-06-17 at 12:06 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-17, 04:56 PM   #4539
maviczap
Mega Poster

Admiral Insurance wanting £300 quid to add my £850 Honda civic onto my multi car insurance policy

The other 2 cars on the policy are less than £200 each on this policy. Even juggling with voluntary excess and other discounts could get it into the high £200 bracket
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-17, 06:09 PM   #4540
Red ones
Mega Poster

Default Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Donald

Last edited by Red ones; 06-06-17 at 06:51 PM.