SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-03-10, 08:31 PM   #591
Amanda

Default Re: COD Modern Warfare 2 - PS3 player list

Danger close increases the damage from explosives like grenades and grenade launchers. On pro it increases air support damage

Sitrep detects the tactical insertions and claymores
Old 08-03-10, 11:28 AM   #592
thulfi

I'm a K/D ratio man. No point killing 20 people, only to be killed 30 times. If you do that in a team deathmatch, you're actually being a disadvantage to your team.

'The M-16; my lord and saviour'! Used it in all of Mod1, and couldn't wait to finally get it back in this one. It may be 3 round fire, but you can't miss and its a beast. I used the scar most of the time in working my way up.
Old 08-03-10, 02:17 PM   #593
jans1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by thulfi View Post
I'm a K/D ratio man. No point killing 20 people, only to be killed 30 times. If you do that in a team deathmatch, you're actually being a disadvantage to your team.

'The M-16; my lord and saviour'! Used it in all of Mod1, and couldn't wait to finally get it back in this one. It may be 3 round fire, but you can't miss and its a beast. I used the scar most of the time in working my way up.
i prefer the famas to the m16 and the silenced tar21 is the nuts
Old 08-03-10, 04:58 PM   #594
Dave20046
Mega Poster

cheers manda
Quote:

I used to think like that but now find it much more fun to just run round blasting anything that moves . At the moment my assault rifle is tar21 (hated that fs2000 thing) and my closerange choice is p90, secondary with either magnum or dual rangers.
Old 08-03-10, 05:00 PM   #595
L3nny
Mega Poster

Quote:

Spoken like a true camper
Old 08-03-10, 05:11 PM   #596
thulfi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
I used to think like that but now find it much more fun to just run round blasting anything that moves
Ironically I used to think like what you think now, and I guess it remains fun. In fact I never used to bother, but worrying about the K/D ratio is more fun...it keeps you on your toes more and you get better.

Also, in terms of fun, nothing like seeing your username at the end of the game:

userx - 25 kills, 3 deaths or
usery - 25 kills, 20 deaths.

The fun is killing, which translates to rapeage. And you get much more satsifying rapeage done if people can't touch you as much. Anyone can run round and kill whilst being killed, gets a bit loooong after a while just doing that!

Last edited by thulfi; 08-03-10 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-03-10, 05:14 PM   #597
custard

try battelfield bad company....
Old 08-03-10, 05:19 PM   #598
L3nny
Mega Poster

I would lave to have a good k/d ration and I do try but I just get bored of waiting for other players to walk into my path on a DM and when playing domination or HQ I just go for the objective and don't care how often I die. Most of the time I get there in the end.
Old 08-03-10, 05:22 PM   #599
thulfi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jans1971 View Post
i prefer the famas to the m16 and the silenced tar21 is the nuts
Yeh I used the famas too but the damage wasn't good enough, and didn't wanna waste a perk increasing damage. Tar21 aint bad but not too accurate. Most people's beef with the M16 is the three round burst, but it makes you more accurate, and you end up developing a fast finger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
closerange choice is p90, secondary with either magnum or dual rangers.
Yeh I always use the p90 for rust. Used in mod1 the whole time on the army ship level as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3nny View Post
I just get bored of waiting for other players to walk into my path on a DM
ah see now that's not the way. All about getting those quick early kills (don't worry about K/d from the start of a level), and then use the UAV to hunt people down or wait just round the corner from where you can see they are walking. Waiting for kills may be ok for k/d ratio, but a static on a UAV is asking for trouble, and besides, you won't get many kills that way either.
Old 08-03-10, 06:51 PM   #600
jans1971

Quote:
Ironically I used to think like what you think now, and I guess it remains fun. In fact I never used to bother, but worrying about the K/D ratio is more fun...it keeps you on your toes more and you get better.

Also, in terms of fun, nothing like seeing your username at the end of the game:

userx - 25 kills, 3 deaths or
usery - 25 kills, 20 deaths.

The fun is killing, which translates to rapeage. And you get much more satsifying rapeage done if people can't touch you as much. Anyone can run round and kill whilst being killed, gets a bit loooong after a while just doing that!
25 + kills ,3 deaths you should get that if your rampaging anyway if your any good that is.
25 kills, 20 deaths iv never been that bad