SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Mini-Twins Goto Minitwins Official Site

Old 25-02-10, 10:34 PM   #1
Wizzbangwill

Talking Bemsee brands timetable now up

Just seen the Bemsee.net has the timetable up for nxt weekend woohoo!
Old 26-02-10, 09:35 AM   #2
svjonesy

Default Re: Bemsee brands timetable now up

Looks good. But as a ropokie a few things surprised me:

1. Minitwins (inc. Junior and Rookies) have no practise session just a 15min qualifying session - makes me glad I opted for the Friday practise day.

2. Junior and Rookie Minitwins are NOT being put in with any other class - I expected we might be lumped in with the MRO Minitwins. I think I prefer this but does mean we don't gett he chance to follow some of the experienced guys to help with lines etc.

3. Races are ONLY 8 laps - this is obviously standard but is about half as many laps as I expected a race to be. Is it generally felt that 8 laps is enough or would most poeple prefer longer races (even though I appreciate there's probably not enough time to fit longer races into a day)?

Really can't wait though.
Old 26-02-10, 02:40 PM   #3
SV650Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svjonesy View Post
Looks good. But as a ropokie a few things surprised me:

1. Minitwins (inc. Junior and Rookies) have no practise session just a 15min qualifying session - makes me glad I opted for the Friday practise day.

2. Junior and Rookie Minitwins are NOT being put in with any other class - I expected we might be lumped in with the MRO Minitwins. I think I prefer this but does mean we don't gett he chance to follow some of the experienced guys to help with lines etc.

3. Races are ONLY 8 laps - this is obviously standard but is about half as many laps as I expected a race to be. Is it generally felt that 8 laps is enough or would most poeple prefer longer races (even though I appreciate there's probably not enough time to fit longer races into a day)?

Really can't wait though.
Yes generally its straight into qualifying for most classes that run the qualifying format.

I suspect they have split the grids so the more experienced racers race seperate to the rookies, more than likely due to numbers entered as only 36 can race, but more can go out in the qualifying sessions. Brands meetings tend to get very full, you may find some other rounds your all in together.

8 laps is the norm. TBH 8 race laps will seem very different to a normal trackday session and especially as a rookie if your un-fit then with the added first race stresses 8 laps will be plenty. Its normally down to time constraints and at some meetings you may well see more laps. Remember though more laps cost. If you run 16 lappers then you will use more tyres and fuel and this could have a serious impact on those being able to afford a full season.

Anyways have fun..
Old 26-02-10, 03:51 PM   #4
Alpinestarhero

*sigh*

wont be there to spectate
Old 26-02-10, 08:01 PM   #5
svStevo

yep, cant wait to get going, seems to have taken ages to get here, havn,t had my passes yet anyone else had theirs through yet.
never know what the weathers going to do at the moment either, could be interesting if its wet and cold like the training day.
see ya there, Stevo
Old 26-02-10, 08:47 PM   #6
svjonesy

Hi Stevo

I phoned Bemsee today all entry stuff is being sent out yesterday and today so don't worry if you haven't received it but should have it by Tuesday latest.

However, i also have not received my ACU licence and this is more of an issue as all the paper work was sent straight after the race school so i'm having to get this sorted in time for next week.
Old 26-02-10, 10:36 PM   #7
svStevo

Thanks, thats put my mind at rest, ironicly i got my acu license early in the week.
cheers, Stevo
Old 03-03-10, 04:56 PM   #8
lawson17

Has anyone else got their novice bib yet? Or do we pick it up at the weekend?
Old 03-03-10, 08:34 PM   #9
svStevo

Got mine when i sent for my license last year for an extra seven quid, sure there will be some at the meeting though!
Stevo
Old 04-03-10, 06:13 AM   #10
lawson17

Cool, I have paid the extra £7, but no bib in post... So hopefully they will have some at Brands.