SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-04-09, 02:59 PM   #1
abdul.aziz

Default RAC battery charger

I've searched for posts about the RAC battery charger- couldnt quite find anything specific enough.

I've borrowed an RAC charger from a mate.

When the charger is plugged into the mains a light indicating that the charger is working should come on. Instead another light ( i think its the red one) comes on indicating that the fuse has blown.

There are two fuses, one is in the mains plus (13amp), which i've changed, and the other is on the front of the charger, a 3 amp one which looks very different to an ordinary fuse that goes in the mains plug.

(http://www.maplin.co.uk/Free_UK_Deli...r_46817_v2.htm)
Its the yellow bit under the two switches on the front.

Anyway, i told my mate about this and he says dont worry about it, just connect it to the mains, wire it up to the bike and after an hour or so it'll work.

Right, so i do that and several hours later, still the same thing- not working.

Does anyone have any experience of this? why isnt it working? do i need to change the fuse on the front or am i doing something wrong.

note: i've plugged the positive wire to the positive node and negative wire to the negative node.

Any info will be appreciated.
Old 28-04-09, 11:45 AM   #2
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: RAC battery charger

Sorry mate I can't see the pic properly. There are a million kinds of fuse, try Halfrauds (take the old one with you) or a proper car shop, or www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk or can you post a big picture?
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-09, 11:51 AM   #3
hovis

Default Re: RAC battery charger

no idea to the RAC one, but could you not borrow an optimate instead? or even but one?

as they are pretty simple to use, and come in quite handy