SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-06-11, 09:50 PM   #1
Jackie_Black

Default Gsx1250 st

This week I have mostly been looking at what is basically a bandit in a fairing. Does anyone have one? what they like? I'm asking as my lass has decided that we need to go touring again, yay.

These happen to be on 0% atm too. Will they be as torquey as my old v-strom thou? I feel the need for a lazy ton up tourer again.
Old 30-06-11, 09:58 PM   #2
cb1000rsteve

Default Re: Gsx1250 st

Noticed your location is Northumberland.
At North East suzuki Durham they have lots of offers on at the moment. They have a 1250 Bandit special addition for £6400 and you can get it on the pound down offer. All his bikes r cheaper than newcastle so could be worth a visit
Old 30-06-11, 10:01 PM   #3
Jackie_Black

ooh, thats well cheap. Is that the last of the old bandit ones with the panniers?
Old 30-06-11, 10:04 PM   #4
cb1000rsteve

Not sure if u mean the old carb'd bandits??? But its the new injected model. it never had panniers was in cream colour with abs. Its brand new. My fathering law was gonna buy it but decided to get a hog instead! He did have a GT in but i can't remember the price. I know his gixxers where about a grand under rrp.
Old 30-06-11, 10:06 PM   #5
Jackie_Black

I looked on his site but is not up to much, i'll give them a ring tomorrow. Think i'll go and have a sit on one.
Old 30-06-11, 10:08 PM   #6
cb1000rsteve

Aye his website is pants. Only a small dealer but i prefer the smaller ones as they know u by name and not as another customer. Good luck
Old 30-06-11, 10:11 PM   #7
Jackie_Black

Typically she has decided she wants to go touring somewhere so I now have three weeks to chop in my hornet for something more useful. The touring version of the GSX1250 looks nice like. Only makes 100hp so it should be a nice lazy pokey motor.
Old 01-07-11, 06:43 AM   #8
Dicky Ticker

I think Mr Davidson[Amarco?] had one before he bought the Tiger800 and if I remember rightly he could chew up rear tyres quite quickly----give him a PM to confirm
Old 01-07-11, 07:23 AM   #9
maviczap
Mega Poster

My mate has got an early Bandit. He's Suzukigt380paul on the forum.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 07:28 AM   #10
-Ralph-

Very lazy motor, bags of torque, no need to change out of 6th gear to go through 30mph limits, then just twist & go when you come out the other side. Not ridden a V-strom thou so I can't compare, but I'd expect it to be similar and the IL4 a lot smoother along with it, if smooth is what you like.

It's a big bike and carries a pillion without changing anything.

Will make a good budget tourer, but it needs to be hussled through the twisties. Will still get through the twisties quick smart if you are prepared to hussle it though.

You may decide you want to change the seats, it feels very similar to the SV, though I haven't ridden one long enough to get a sore rrrsss on it.

Suspension not perfect, suffers a few of the same problems as the SV, but adequate if you just ignore it.

Other than the motor which is ace, it's not brilliant at anything, but it's not bad at anything either.

Last edited by -Ralph-; 01-07-11 at 10:54 AM.